I've been playing CM/FM since 1993 but have a couple of questions

• Thread starter Thread starter farms
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1K

farms

Reaction score
Longtime listener, downloader, scourer for tips and tactics... first time poster :)

Hope someone from the game is listening too, pleeease.

2. I can't see the ball!

Seriously, Macbook 15" retina with pretty much any screen config or camera I can't see the yellow ball in daylight play, I can't believe someone didn't pick up on this? HAve seen a few similar posts (trying to fix it) but no joy...

3. Where have all the deals & other info gone?

This may be me not searching hard enough to find the issue, but I want o know who is buying who for what, I alos want to know the scores of games (rather than the summary), the news feed seems boringly simplified.

4. No 'Match stats' for reserve (or any other) games, without loading up the whole kaboodle and messing around to find some info, I just wana know how my reserve players did individually, that's all :)

OK, I'm getting into details now, really it's just 1 & 2, but I would dearly love to either be proven wrong or pointed in the right direction, otherwise it's back to trying to stop my 2012 game (currently in 2036 or something :) from crashing.

I may get my life back a bit, but frankly I DONY WANT TO... help me stay with ya, pleeease.

Cheers, James

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, the new camera angles (rails, Director) pretty much fry a top end brand new macbook pro (with extras), which is a bit annoying!

Actually, unless someone finds an exploitig tactic, I think you will be in agony. This is unless you embrace this "new" way of playing. How much are you prepared to go into detail( watching games, makeing shouts etc) to make sure you come out as a winner ? If you want to stay focused on re-building the club and just plug & play a tactic, then I suggest you actually play FM12 as in that category, its the best game ever.

I have found success by going on holiday for 1 day when match day comes, I do all the tactics and stuff, but just sim the match and leave it to my beast assistant, I honestly do better than if I manage during the game.

Some may find it boring but I don't even like watching the match tbh.

Maybe you might find some luck.

Last edited:
After going through 20 or so seasons so far I have found out how to win at the game. I figured you could use one tactic for about 60% of your games without changing it at all. I use a balanced tactic most of the tim. If im losing or need goals i use attacking tactic and if im winning well i use a defensive tactic to protect my lead. I mainly use jp's new tactic and goals galore with a few tweaks and also have my own defensive tactic. In 3 seasons iv gone from relegation no hopers to top 4 of la liga.

Mix it up a bit otherwise the other teams will get used to your tactics

It really gets me when i have to keep changing my tactic every month or so to get results and then the other teams at the top (Man City/United) have used the same unchanged tactics from the start and win majority of games. I understand that winning every game is unrealistic but at least good performances on a regular basis, the sudden loss of form seems unrealistic i.e smashing chelsea 3-0 and then loosing to relegation strugglers 2-0 having hardly any shots!

To all users NOT having actually strarted the topic. If wanting to post your trouble, please use the frustration thread at the top

I just want the old interface back especially the old matchday one

Re-opened at the OPs request. This time, please try to stay on topic and dont let this turn into a rant thread as I will close it permanently

Longtime listener, downloader, scourer for tips and tactics... first time poster :)

Hope someone from the game is listening too, pleeease.

2. I can't see the ball!

Seriously, Macbook 15" retina with pretty much any screen config or camera I can't see the yellow ball in daylight play, I can't believe someone didn't pick up on this? HAve seen a few similar posts (trying to fix it) but no joy...

Have a look in this thread and see if it helps you
Sports Interactive Community

3. Where have all the deals & other info gone?

This may be me not searching hard enough to find the issue, but I want o know who is buying who for what, I alos want to know the scores of games (rather than the summary), the news feed seems boringly simplified.

Its about subscriptions. Have a look around the game world to see what info you want to follow.
As for "results", what exactly are we talking about here ?. Is it matches form a different country or league ?. If s, then its subscriptions once again so that you see these results just like you do with them ion your own league.

4. No 'Match stats' for reserve (or any other) games, without loading up the whole kaboodle and messing around to find some info, I just wana know how my reserve players did individually, that's all :)

Totally agree with this one. I want to be able to just click the match and see the stats without it loading up.

Last edited:
Back