Jack Marshall dies aged 6

• Thread starter Thread starter Chokopop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 3K

Chokopop

Self-diagnosed FM addict
Reaction score
If any mod wants to close this, feel free. I just wanna share this.

Article:

Jack Marshall, the six-year-old footballers took to their hearts, has lost his battle with a brain tumour.
A football sent by Sir Alex Ferguson had helped the youngster learn to walk again after a first operation. And when the cancer returned Manchester United fan Jack met Rio Ferdinand, tennis star Serena Williams, and Arsenal's Jack Wilshere among other stars as his family looked to make his short life as special as possible.
But after defying doctors' predictions that he would die within days of being sent home from hospital six months ago, Jack today lost his fight for life.

A message on the Twitter account which his mum Tracey has used to keep supporters updated shared the sad news.
It said: "At 11am this morning (Thursday 13th October) the world changed forever.
"Covered in his beloved Man Utd blanket and snuggled in Tracey’s arms, Jack decided that in true Manchester United fashion 'He’d do what he wants' for the final time and passed away peacefully with us, his family, at his side.
"He is now laid on his bed at our side, dressed in his Man Utd kit, with Snowman and Meerkat laying with him.
"We are all devastated, but take comfort in the fact that Jack lived life to the full right up to the very end.
"We are so very proud of Jack and the way he dealt with his disease, with a smile and a glint in his eye.
"Thank you, everyone of #jacksarmy for all your help and support so far.
"#RIPJackamoWELOVEYOUxx"
Arsenal midfielder Wilshere kept in close touch with the Marshall family, offering particular support to Jack's big brother Josh. And he shared his sadness on Twitter, commenting: "Sad day, privileged to have known little @Jack_Marshall_ thoughts with his family, will be missed by so many! #RIPJackMarshall"
Manchester United striker Michael Owen also shared his thoughts on Twitter. He wrote: "Desperate news hearing that @Jack_Marshall_ has passed away. Thoughts go out to his family."
Others touched by the lad's fight paid their own tributes. And Daily Mirror chief sports writer Oliver Holt, who wrote about Jack on several occasions, said: "Just received the news that Jack Marshall passed away this morning. He was a brave, brave little boy. It was a privilige to have known him."
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...h-touched-footballers-hearts-115875-23487043/

R.I.P little buddy. :wub:

Last edited:
I posted "RIP Jack Marshall" on my Twitter, and I got abuse by a few Liverpool fans just because he was a United fan, I raged. Eventually (about 20 minutes later) they deleted there tweets..

Wankers.

I posted "RIP Jack Marshall" on my Twitter, and I got abuse by a few Liverpool fans just because he was a United fan, I raged. Eventually (about 20 minutes later) they deleted there tweets..

Wankers.

Yeah, some people are just dickheads. There is a point where the rivalry stops.

urrr.. who?

He was a 6 year old boy suffering from cancer who was supported by "Jack's Army" and raised thousands of pounds for charity. He had so many professional footballers on Twitter helping to spread the word etc. Jack Wilshere ended up becoming a huge family friend going to their house for dinner countless times etc and getting them freebies. Rio Ferdinand was involved greatly too..

RIP Jack Marshall. Hero.

Wankers.

That's actually mental, the fact that anyone could take football that seriously is just sad.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

R.I.P Jack, no one deserves to die but a 6 year-old is just terrible

********, is an understatement.

Prefer subhuman scum. Anyone who mocks this sort of thing, or uses football rivalry as an excuse seriously need their heads examined.

R.I.P

R.I.P Jack.

I've been reduced to tears at reading some of the things that Jack Wilshere has done for their family, they are both truly inspirational.

Never heard of him before but its such a sad story. RIP Jack.

R.I.P Jack.

I've been reduced to tears at reading some of the things that Jack Wilshere has done for their family, they are both truly inspirational.

Don't suppose you've got links to the things related to what Jack has done? Would be a good read.

Don't suppose you've got links to the things related to what Jack has done? Would be a good read.

Oliver Holt column: Why Arsenal and England star Jack Wilshere took brave brain tumour sufferer Jack Marshall to his heart - Oliver Holt - MirrorFootball.co.uk

This link has some of the things, I just find it amazing how such a young, high profile footballer with the world at his feet can be so selfless and considerate. He really puts many sports professionals to shame

Back