mrjack41

Reaction score
This is the first tactic i have created for FM 2010, as i have been downloading others from this site i have used it with werder bremen as it suits their team well,and doing pretty well but only played a few games so far (10-15)

The Roles:
Goalkeeper: Goalkeeper - duty to defend - just your standard goalkeeper, sweeper keeper can be used but is not required

Full backs: In my formation my two FB's i use one with wing back with a defend role, and one with a wingback with attack role, this coincides with my amr + aml, say for example your winger was your amr, your dr would have defend role as he does not need to provide any width as the winger does it, but on the other side your aml is your inside forward then your dl would have attack role and provide the width on that side of the pitch.

Centre Backs: The stopper + cover partnership works well on my DC's, mertersacker and naldo are unstoppable in my werder side, really your standard DC's.

Centre midfielders: The Lcm is the box to box midfielder, needs good natural fitness,stamina, work rate, teamwork, and possibly long shots, The Rcm is the ball winning mifielder he has a defend role, needs good tackling.

Centre Attacking Midfielder: Your main playmaker, lots of through balls lots of assists and is given advanced playmaker - attack role

Winger: Will give width on one side, main attributes needed are crossing, dribbling and pace.

Inside forward: Will cut inside and either shoot play a through ball or latch onto a through ball from you CAM, he will score alot if played correctly, width is given by the wing back on that side

Striker: Golden boot guy, hugo almeida fillled this role for my werder side and revelled in it, needs abit of everything, heading, off the ball, composure, finishing and strength are the main ones though.

The aim with this tactic is to play classic attacking football, in many games I have had 70%+ possession with the shorter passing and lots of through balls it is very nice to watch, when using this when you are expected to lose use starting strategy: counter.

I am looking for you to test my tactic and provide me with feedback on how it is for you, i dont mind criticism but try and be constructive and show me were i am going wrong

Most of all dont be scared to tweak this to suit your own team!

Mrjack41

Here is the link http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3259

Last edited: