James Forrest named by FIFA as one of 13 young players to watch!

Shay Given

Banned
Reaction score
FIFA.com - Players to watch in 2012

James Forrest has been put in the same catogary as players like Thiago Alcantara and Ahmend Musa (who has just moved to CSKA for 10mil)

Great to see the wee guy get the reconciliation he deserves.

Forrest said:
“It’s always good to hear stuff like that as it means you have been doing well, but I just need to forget about it, continue playing and keep doing what I have been doing.
“It’s a lot to do with experience. When you first come in, you don’t really know any players but I do feel more settled in the first-team now and all the boys are good to work with.

“I have played more in the first-team this season than last season, and I want to continue doing that.

“Something like this does give you a boost but we’re sitting top of the league just now and that’s the main thing - and we want to stay there until the end of the season.

“Obviously hearing stuff like that is good for you, but I just need to keep working hard.”

Good to see Ross Barkley there too. Fantastic compliments by Martin Keown, and he is spot on. Anytime ive seen the lad play he looks like a player thats been playing first team football for years! He's got everything, its only a matter of time before he is a regular at Everton, as understandably Moyes doesn't want to rush his development.

I think Nelson Oliveira deserves a mention. Not sure if he is at the same level as the others, but he surely is a tad slept-on.

I read the comments and there's a guy saying Suarez is 'the best number 9 bar none'. Seriously? What has it got to do with the topic, and what the **** has that guy been smoking!?

Yes. Suarez sure did show he leant a hand during the cup

Good to see Ross Barkley there too. Fantastic compliments by Martin Keown, and he is spot on. Anytime ive seen the lad play he looks like a player thats been playing first team football for years! He's got everything, its only a matter of time before he is a regular at Everton, as understandably Moyes doesn't want to rush his development.

Moyes is brilliant at nurturing youngsters and slowly guiding them into the first team. He did the same thing with Rooney- gradually involved him more and more rather than simply throwing him in at the deep end.

Good to see him getting some recognition. I really Rate young ‘no neck’ one for the future. Celtic really miss him when he isn’t playing.

Tbf at Hibs Brooney was a very hot prospect and highly rated, personal problems and injury's have harmed him development.

Moyes is brilliant at nurturing youngsters and slowly guiding them into the first team. He did the same thing with Rooney- gradually involved him more and more rather than simply throwing him in at the deep end.

To me this is the way to go - ease the younger ones in rather than throw them right into it.

This is what Lennon done with Forrest as he started introducing him into matches towards the end of the 09/10 season I think it was. Then he just started playing him more and more.

Great wee player with bags of ability and potential.

Tbf at Hibs Brooney was a very hot prospect and highly rated, personal problems and injury's have harmed him development.

Being ***** and a dirty thug might also have something to do with it.

It's quite funny how much play this has gotten in the Scottish media, im sure the list will just be complied by some 20 year old trainee journo on the FIFA website and not by anyone at FIFA with any responsibility/influence in regards to football.

---

He was at Celtic in 2009 & no doubt playing poo-ly, or maybe he was having his 1 good month a season at the time.

Being ***** and a dirty thug might also have something to do with it.

I wouldnt say Broony is a dirty thug. He's constantly winding up others/getting wound up himself, but you never really see him going in with any leg brakers.

Well done young forrest! Lennon has really assembled quite a team with not much money, should be fine for financial fair play :)

Hopefully Forrest continues to grow as well as he's quite a prospect just now. Just a WEE bit inconsistent at times but generally he's doing really good.

Good to see he's quashed any rumours about him going to Tottenham as well as he wants to just continue playing for Celtic. Think this is the second time Tottenham have monitored Forrest as well. Well, they can do a Southampton as well and ****** off
smiley%21.gif