Javi martinez 101 Passes

• Thread starter Thread starter Romarinho
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3K

Romarinho

Reaction score
Ok so last night i was researching marcelo bleisa who is a genius with his approach to football

im doing the athletic bilbao challenge because i love bringing youngsters through and i just like the whole idea of being unique with there cantera policy.

Ive edited javi martinez to play CB as he does sometimes irl but this time i played him in the DMC

Basically im trying to get all defenders to be comfortable on the ball (being tall is a good bonus) so i could in theory play with DMC's at CB (this is the future of football one big midfield) So far its working very welll

its goes like this

DCR DC(cover) DCL The outer defenders must be close down before the cover, and the cover should zonal mark

DMC in front - This guy is the a pass machine in this tactic he gets alot of possesion (would suit xavi perfect)

flat 3 MC's in front with the middle being a advanced playmaker, I havnt figured what to do with the outer mc's so they just team players keeping the ball

Your probally wondering where my fullbacks are? dont have none lol and its working very well the stoppers close anything down and the high pressing of the team doesn't give them much time to open me up

then my attack is just AMR ST AML with llorente being an outlet if im struggling with possesion

If someone tells me how to upload i will.

Yes i read that article which gave me further ideas about this tactic

seems very solid so far with only 1 goal conceeded and average of 65% possesion

Yes i read that article which gave me further ideas about this tactic

seems very solid so far with only 1 goal conceeded and average of 65% possesion

Do you find that sometimes your defenders punt the ball upfield/outfield even though theres players in space ready for a pass?

sometimes they do yes but in my tactic ive instructed the ball playing defenders to sometimes try it and with llorente up front they try and hit him every now and again

I found if you make there passes too short the ball gets stuck out wide too long so i upped there passing and upped there mentality. I like the ball to flow from flank to flank

the midfield is bossing the game though as long as man city stop pestering my youngsters !!

Its early days though and i will install the philosophy at bilbao as time goes on my training for youngsters is very high in ball control tactics and attacking and eventually i will create a complete midfield with everybody adept on the ball (but i will keep my defence tall)

i need a player like aguero instead of llorente though hes starting to be a misfit in the tactic

Back