Jelle Van Damme(players whose stats are good but scouts do nt think are worth buying)

McPherson93

Reaction score
First of all, catchy title eh? wasn't sure how to phrase it.

I will post a screenshot to back up what I'm saying but basically I'm talking about players who have good stats but arent that good.

The example I'm using is Jelle Van Damme from Standard. He is worth £800k, only 26 and has great stats, but my scouts give him 3 stars, saying he is just a decent player.

1)I want to know if anyone has a similar thing with any other players

2) also if anyone has bought Van Damme and how he did for their clubs.

I am at Everton and have just sold Joleon Lescott and am looking for a replacent on a very tight budget.

Cheers

dont always rely on scouts. use your judgment. if you see good stats, sign him.

well scouts arent always right, depends on how good your scouts are, plus i think van damme isnt as good as lescott

I am Barcelona and in a few of my games (including this one) the scouts have suggested Rigobert Song which is quite outragous considering how bad he was for lIVERPOOL AND HOW BAD HIS STATS ARE NOW. There is a player with a potential to be as good as Valdes but the assistant manager has suggested that I get rid of him. Like in the real world the scouts aren't always right (infact it is very rare that they are right)

Get him. Use scouts judgement as a base to develop your thoughts on the player, never eally fully on them, also could you post a screenshot of the scout (stats) that suggested him?

scouts aren't always right
there are loads of players who have amazing stats but the scouts say arent that good

scouts aren't always right... he ise e god player m8 i haf him in may milan squad and ise one of the best full backs

Ok I think we've established that scouts aren't always right, seeing as every single person has said it...

Jelle van damme plays for Anderlecht and not for Standard!!!!

Ok I think we've established that scouts aren't always right, seeing as every single person has said it...

ye

scouts aren't always right ... they touch you in inappropiate places when you're a beever..

Scouts can see hidden stats. This can influence their judgement of players. You really, really don't want an inconsistent player (it knocks 10 from their technical and mental CA if they fail their consistency check pre-match). Other hidden stats will have other effects.

Scouts can be wrong. But if they aren't keen on the player, paying attention to why is usually a plan.

to Glenn05: he must've joined them on the game then

eggers: i'll post a screenshot next time i'm on football manager, i'll be on later. i did make a point of sacking all my halfwit scouts and getting top quality ones from different countries.

jim199: yeah you're right but i thought i'd have the 7.5mill i got for lescott for a replacement but the board gave me 2mill the stingy f*****s

to all: thanks for replying with your thoughts, doesnt matter that every one of them were identical :P

also, thanks to all

I had van damme with my palermo game,****** sensational mate! i now sign him everywhere i go (money depending of course)!

First of all, catchy title eh? wasn't sure how to phrase it.

I will post a screenshot to back up what I'm saying but basically I'm talking about players who have good stats but arent that good.

The example I'm using is Jelle Van Damme from Standard. He is worth £800k, only 26 and has great stats, but my scouts give him 3 stars, saying he is just a decent player.

1)I want to know if anyone has a similar thing with any other players

2) also if anyone has bought Van Damme and how he did for their clubs.

I am at Everton and have just sold Joleon Lescott and am looking for a replacent on a very tight budget.

Cheers

he is a decent centre back, however his pace is poor and his decisions are extremely poor so he is likely to make mistakes,

for that reason i would use him as cover.
Henrique can be bought for 5mil from barce, he is young and turns out class, dunno how much you have to spend though

I think Van Damme is a very good player and in my experience with him he would do well with you.

On an additional note did anyone know he is currently bein sued by that american defender (Can't remember his name. Sounds african.) Typical americans. Cant settle anything like men.

i got van damme 4 about £1.8 million, for portsmouth...an ok signing, but for that price, id say its worth a punt!

I think Van Damme is a very good player and in my experience with him he would do well with you.

On an additional note did anyone know he is currently bein sued by that american defender (Can't remember his name. Sounds african.) Typical americans. Cant settle anything like men.

Aye, that's because he was the victim of a racist attack from Van Damme...suing someone seems pretty fair to me considering that.

He was rubbish IRL at Southampton, from his stats on the screenshot i'd say he's not that much better in FM. I'd get someone else if I was you to be honest mate.

oguichi onyewu. apparently hes a really good centre back. I found him out when i was trying to find the best long thrower in the game, just for fun. and hes not the dearest in the world. i think you can get him for about 3 million.

Thats him. Never looked at him in the game but saw him in the continental cup. Ws hopeless but the pundets seemed to think he was great. Then again thats not uncommon with deffenders.

oguichi onyewu. apparently hes a really good centre back. I found him out when i was trying to find the best long thrower in the game, just for fun. and hes not the dearest in the world. i think you can get him for about 3 million.

yer hes pretty solid. once played for newcastle but has just signed for ac milan.

Back