Jimmy's 4-2-3-1 Offensive (Brand New)

Jimmy Antunes

Reaction score
EDIT: The older tactics were revealing to be a mess so I worked on a new one with the same principles but much improved. Everything has been edited accordingly! And I'm sorry for those testing It already but this one is really that much better. Try It!

Hello guys,

Long time reader, new time writer, just to make it short. I've been looking for a tactic that worked for me on this years version but i've failed to become impressed with any of the one's available online. It's not criticism, maybe it's simply me being to used to the one i've been using for two full games, FM11 and 12. This is the first time I share a tactic and the first time I even try to make one, but it is my opinion that it is working rather well. To make things brief, this new tactic is a 4-2-3-1, which I would love to see some of you using and giving me tips on how to improve them. Your credit will be added to the final version, when we get to that. Before showing the tactical schemes, this is what I want to accomplish with them:

- Fast, direct game with goals every game;
- Pragmatic attacking style;
- The forward must score 20+ goals every season to league competition
- Secure defense with fast transition to attack.

With this new tactic it's safe to say almost every point has been fullfilled, but I still need some testing to see if it works for other people too. This tactic is dramatically different! I had been getting 15 shots at target (average) per game with only 1 or 2 goals scored, sometimes none, and now I'm getting 6/7 shots at target and 2/3 goals per game. The % of key moments in my favour has dramatically increased too.

4-2-3-1 Offensive
View attachment 287153

View attachment 287155

Standard GK

Defenders
CB's: Passing is a plus, but if you only manage the standard CB attributes it will do no harm. Try having them with pace above 12.
FB's/WB's: Fast, agile, good positioning and cross.

Midfielders
CMR: Here you can have a strong DMF, like Kara, or a technical DMF, like Pirlo. It's up to you!
CML: Your box-to-box. Think João Moutinho or Anderson
AMC: This will be your creative guy. Need to have lot's of team work, passing and judgement! It does not have a lot of creative freedom, so forget a trequartista.

Wingers
Fast, agile, good cross. Finishing is a plus, as well as creativity!

Forward

You can play Falcao or Crouch, what you'll see on the pitch depends on what kind of player you have.

Team instructions:

I set the trainings to very high (team cohesion) until the tactic is 100% blue and then balanced (attacking movement). The pitch size is standard and I don't use team shouts, so its really up to you to use them. I let the Assistant assign opposition talks and I do my own talking to the players.

Notes: I don't have any Prints right now, so I can't show my results, but I've won every game I've played with these tactics. Please test them and come back to me for opinions and corrections! Thanks in advance!View attachment 286850

Last edited:
Í've been using the 2nd and third ones with some success, the only problem is the lack of goals. But I win 90% of my games. Thanks!

work very good but against other big team it's difficult , i lost away with roma 3-7 :) ,i try control with this team and work good :).good job with tactic ,greetings.
This is my team:Barcelona

-Llorente-

Bale-Neymar-Messi

Thiago-Song

Alba-Pique-Sakho-Isla

-De Gea-

Back