Jobseekers forever...

darkeyes2k9

Reaction score
So not sure if anyone else is having a similar issue but having a few issues with unemployment in Football Manager...

Started off with Udinese when I started the game, try something foreign but mediocre. Although predicted 8th, finished 2nd (11 points behind Juventus though..) in Serie A and won the TIM Cup against Cagliari. In the second season, I won the Serie A, TIM Cup and the Champions League (with help of Mauro Icardi and Jonathan Schmid). However, contract expired at end of 2016 and fancied a different challenge.

Arrogantly, I expected the job offers to roll in but I'm now in October 2016 and the only clubs willing to take me on are League 2 sides Cambridge United and some club in the Turkish second division. Everyone else "laughs off interest". I'm even ranked 10th in English nationality managers - just seems a bit buggy - really feel like I should have pushed for a contract extension at Udinese but hindsight is a funny thing..

Remove lower leagues. Just have top divisions in say 4 countries and you will get a job. Whether you like the job or not is not the problem. You basically smashed your reputation to bits by resigning so you need to build it back up.

For example take over Lens in France, do well, then take a job at a bigger club in France, say OL, do better and WAIT to be offered a job in another country...otherwise clubs will not take you because they think you'll jump ship.

The interview process is a lot more in depth this year involving the promises section so if you take a job you'll probably have to promise not to apply for another job within a certain time frame.

Back