John Guidetti

• Thread starter Thread starter Takky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 9K

Takky

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has been playing with him, and if so with any success?
Brought him in for free in my second season with Anderlecht and have so far been unable to find a decent role for him to play in. His performances has been below par to say the least.

He's my main striker at PSV. He's kept Babacar and Luuk De Jong on the bench. I play him as an advanced forward, running into channels in a 4231, but tbf Depay scores 30+ for me every season so he's not really my main source of goals despite being the striker. He's had about one goal every two games in my system though.

Started with Celtic and he's an absolute animal.

I use him as an Advanced Forward in a standard 4-2-3-1 and he gets around 40 goals in all competitions, every season.

If he can score 40 goals in Scotland he should be able to do decent for Anderlecht just give him time maybe get him to move in to channels and shoot more often?

my scout put me off saying he has the "doesn't like big games" issue :(

I tried the things you guys suggested, I must have done things wrong or the tactic did not suit him (433 or 4231 with IF and Guidetti as Advanced forward). I managed to get an "ok" performance after a few months but still far below what I expected. Because of that I just sold him the other day for around 10m. Still, I am really thankful for all your comments. I somehow still mismanaged him. :)

yes I was manager of Oldham 1st, got promoted and then took over a relegated Aston Villa, sold an unhappy Benteke for 28mill and bought Guidetti on a Bosman. he is a good championship player so should be good enough for Belgium Pro League. played a 4-2-3-1 and use him as a defensive forward, he wont scored hatful's but will get on the end of cross and scores a long range effort around once a month. finished top of the league, mainly down to him high pressing defenders and closing the ball down, laying off to the 3 behind him. good for team with talented skilfull 3 men behind him teams, like the PSV's, Ajax's. Wouldn't recommend if you're going to go route one and use him to beat a team.

Back