Tezzz

Banned
Reaction score

View attachment 288621 View attachment 288399 View attachment 288621
John W Henry; The Liverpool Way

A Chairman Story by Tezzz

A slightly different take on the normal stories we get here. On this one I’ll be telling the story from the chairmans point of view, as I’ll be making his decisions such as sacking/hiring staff and setting budgets. I’ll be using FMRTE to make all my changes on a three month basis. I think this is the easiest and most efficient way to go about it. Feel free to comment with suggestions/ideas!

Season 1 Expectations
Manager: Brendan Rodgers (£30,000 p/w)
League Expectation - 8th​ position or above
Europa League - Have a strong showing
FA Cup - Do not disappoint
Capital One Cup - Use the youth

I want stability at Liverpool Football Club. This is the main target over the coming season and my objectives for Brendan have shown this. I have set a lenient league objective so that there won’t be any added pressure to Brendan and the squad. This way the boys can play without pressure hanging over them, and hopefully that brings out the best in the players. I have told Brendan to have a strong showing in the Europa League. This means we want a good run in the competition; however it is not a priority to win. In another attempt to not add any pressure to the team I have stated that I don’t expect us to win the FA cup but I also don’t want to be disappointed. This means that we need to win every game that we should be winning. We should only go out of the FA cup to a stronger team for example the top 6 teams in the premier league. The only thing I’ve mentioned about the Capital One Cup is that I want the youth to play a big part. It’s about bringing in the youth slowly and hopefully have them progress to become very talented players.

For these objectives and targets to be met I have given Brendan the following budgets;
Transfer Budget; £20 million ----- Wage Budget; £100,000 per week

Brendan Rodgers’ first job review will take place on the 1st​ December 2012!

Last edited:
post001

post001
Transfer Update

Transfers In
View attachment 288400

Transfers Out
View attachment 288401

Other News
There was also a lot of speculation surrounding a £18.75m bid for Glen Johnson from Arsenal. A bid was accepted however Johnson refused the contracts offered and therefore a deal was never really close to being finalized.​

post002

post002
December 1st​ 2012 Update

Premier League Performance
View attachment 288571
View attachment 288572
Confidence: Good – I’m really happy with the league form so far this season.

Europa League Performance
View attachment 288573
View attachment 288574
Confidence: Good – Some good solid performances in Europe. Qualification as expected.

Capital One Cup Performance
View attachment 288575
Confidence: Okay – Although not getting far in the tournament the youth was used well. The youth that played and showed potential included Coates, Allen, Shelvey, Pachecho, Kelly, Henderson, and Sterling.

Overall Confidence: Secure

The next job review will be 1st​ Feburary 2013!

Last edited:
I like the idea. Even though I dislike Liverpool Ill follow to see how the chairman story does. Are you just simming the game or do you do anything else?

I like the idea. Even though I dislike Liverpool Ill follow to see how the chairman story does. Are you just simming the game or do you do anything else?

Thanks for following. I'm setting the budgets using FMRTE and then simming the game as an unemployed manager. I'm going to bring in some realistic changes soon such as maybe extending the stadium capacity as that looks like its going to happen in real life.

Loving it. Why don't you use you're ownership skill to randomely sign players.

post003

post003
January 2013 Transfer Update

Transfers In & Out
Not much movement in the January transfer market as there was not much funds left for Brendan to deal with. However he did manage to get Ryan Taylor from Newcastle for £2.8m on transfer deadline day. Both Daniel Pacheco and Jack Robinson went out on loan to lower division clubs.

Other News

Manchester United captured the signature of Leighton Baines from Everton. The transfer fee is reported to be around the figure of £20million. Andre Ayew also signed for Arsenal from Marseille in a deal worth £16million.​

Loving it. Why don't you use you're ownership skill to randomely sign players.

Brilliant idea mate. Maybe not for this story though as it isn't the Liverpool way but when I do a Roman Ambromovich one definitely!

Brilliant idea mate. Maybe not for this story though as it isn't the Liverpool way but when I do a Roman Ambromovich one definitely!

It was when Hicks and Gillette were in charge, because Benitez certainly didn't fancy Robbie Keane ;)

Good story btw