Johnson moves to Liverpool

• Thread starter Thread starter Frutty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1K
I think this is a great signing now we need a left back of the same quality, dossena is a waste of time aurellio doesnt quite make the grade and i think insua needs a couple more seasons.

thats arbelo's replacement he is going to madrid

lmao i think 18 million for johnson is a bad signing. One decent season and he gets bought in for that price lol. Alves was lik 25 M and hes worldclass. Ur manager has a habit of going for players lik keane etc, who are mediocre. While i add paying over the odds on them.

i agree rafa made a hash with keane but he knew he had and thats why he held his hands up as if to say my bad and sold him. I think glen johnson is a quality signing and will be a sucsess, the price tag was a bit heavy but so is everyones nowdays doesnt matter who you are you will always have to pay over the odds to get your man its the way the game has gone theese days.

Last edited:
lmao i think 18 million for johnson is a bad signing. One decent season and he gets bought in for that price lol. Alves was lik 25 M and hes worldclass. Ur manager has a habit of going for players lik keane etc, who are mediocre. While i add paying over the odds on them.

daniel alves aint world class....hes the most overated person in football history!

good going foward but cant defend to save his life. You cant be a 'world class' right back if you can only attack.

good signing rafa.

i agree rafa made a hash with keane but he knew he had and thats why he held his hands up as if to say my bad and sold him. I think glen johnson is a quality signing and will be a sucsess, the price tag was a bit heavy but so is everyones nowdays doesnt matter who you are you will always have to pay over the odds to get your man its the way the game has gone theese days.

im think liverpool fans said that about robbie keane lol

I think this is a great signing now we need a left back of the same quality, dossena is a waste of time aurellio doesnt quite make the grade and i think insua needs a couple more seasons.

Aurelio's only problem is that he's made of glass. If he's now got over his injury problems, then we're sorted. And Insua will be playing around 15 - 20 games this season (he played a good dozen even after having had the Olympics last summer) with a bit of luck so that should provide cover for him.

Not keen on the Johnson price. But it's Rafa's first buy since he's got full control of the transfer kitty and for right sided fullbacks you're hard pushed to think of another English one of similar quality and even internationally, you'd be looking at Alves, Maicon or Srna as being improvements. Not cheap options for players now to significantly improve the quality of the team. And at least Johnson will help with the 6+5 Champion's League rule.

The money getting flung around which clearly isnt there in the first place is a bit alarming. U hav Man U in how much debt, lik 300 or 400 m lol. U have a left back who couldnt cut it at chelsea. Goes to Portsmouth and has one decent season. N it costs u 18 M for his services, it really is a joke. Hes nothing special and it wont surprize me when he ends up the next english player over rated that fails ( Wright Philips ) Cough. Alves Is a good player lol, ill admit hes better going forward but hes really more of a wingback. His freekick against S Africa :P ? Then u have valencia going to Man U for just under 20 also. The same scenario lol. Over priced players in the English Premier League. Its not long before the bubble bursts and alot teams end up like Leeds. What happens when Chelsea chairman and Man U one leaves???? Man city 2 lol. Liverpool are upto there eyes in debt also might i add.

Back