• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 463

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Defender Glen Johnson hopes to be fit to face Manchester United on 15 October after returning to full training.

More...

Hopefully he is fit enough to play, if not, hopefully fit enough for the bench. I like Kelly, I think he can achieve great goals at Liverpool. I personally think we need Jono's experience for the United game :) YNWA!

Hopefully he is fit enough to play, if not, hopefully fit enough for the bench. I like Kelly, I think he can achieve great goals at Liverpool. I personally think we need Jono's experience for the United game :) YNWA!

Finally somebody agrees with me. I have gotten serious abuse from people for wanting Jonno instead of Kelly :P

Finally somebody agrees with me. I have gotten serious abuse from people for wanting Jonno instead of Kelly :P

It's just peoples opinions really, and I do agree at times Jono looks out of his depth when it comes to defending, but he is our most experienced RB. All Liverpool fans should be happy we have someone like Kelly to keep him on his toes and makes sure he gives 100% every game. I like Flanagan too, he shows a lot of promise when going forward, i'd like him to be loaned out to get more first team experience but with Kelly being injury prone and Jono being a bit inconsistent and picking up a few knocks this season we kind of need him because we can't have Skrtel playing RB after Bale gave him a hard time the other week.

It's just peoples opinions really, and I do agree at times Jono looks out of his depth when it comes to defending, but he is our most experienced RB. All Liverpool fans should be happy we have someone like Kelly to keep him on his toes and makes sure he gives 100% every game. I like Flanagan too, he shows a lot of promise when going forward, i'd like him to be loaned out to get more first team experience but with Kelly being injury prone and Jono being a bit inconsistent and picking up a few knocks this season we kind of need him because we can't have Skrtel playing RB after Bale gave him a hard time the other week.

I really like Kelly, he shows great promise. But Johnson is still better, and more experienced, and that experience we need against the Mancs.
Yes, I agree he does look out of depth in his defending at times, but on a good day he's easily one of the best Right Backs in the PL. Unfortunately, his good days aren't so often anymore.
I agree with Flano getting some loan time, and if all else fails we have Carragher who can play RB for a game or two. Probably not the best, but Flano does have tendencies to make a lot of mistakes. He's still young, and needs to get some games under his belt.

Martin Kelly > Glen Johnson

Back