• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 646
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool are expected to complete a deal for Middlesbrough keeper Brad Jones after he was given permission to head for Merseyside.

More...

Maybe old Roy is going a bit senile because this transfer seems to be eluding everyone.

Ahh

I think i've sussed it. Mike Kelly, Roy's right hand man at Fulham was goalkeeping coach at Boro before joining Fulham and was key in bringing Mark Schwarzer to the club. I presume that Kelly has told Roy Jones is a good keeper and the two obviously see something in him most of us don't. Roy can work miracle's with your mediocre players but goalkeepers are a completely different breed, I imagine Roy has complete faith in Mike Kelly's opinion.

And yeah, I think Kelly has joined Liverpool.

Maybe old Roy is going a bit senile because this transfer seems to be eluding everyone.

Ahh

I think i've sussed it. Mike Kelly, Roy's right hand man at Fulham was goalkeeping coach at Boro before joining Fulham and was key in bringing Mark Schwarzer to the club. I presume that Kelly has told Roy Jones is a good keeper and the two obviously see something in him most of us don't. Roy can work miracle's with your mediocre players but goalkeepers are a completely different breed, I imagine Roy has complete faith in Mike Kelly's opinion.

And yeah, I think Kelly has joined Liverpool.

Kelly arrived last week I think after Hughes' appointment.

Soooo, I'm guessing either Pepe or Cavalieri is leaving. And as Mr.Hodgson values his life, I'd put money on it being Cavalieri for more than £2.3m.

Here's hoping Pepe stays fit and healthy. :S

Should have bought someone for the Home Grown rule, seeing as he will hardly play.

Last season we couldn't get this much for a much needed Centre Back. Makes you wonder sometimes.

Last season we couldn't get this much for a much needed Centre Back. Makes you wonder sometimes.

Was playing about with transfer numbers on another forum (from the accounts so year runs 1st August to 31st July and not counting 'add-ons' other than those confirmed as being triggered already):

In 09/10 we spent:
£20.15 million on new players
£35.504 million on players previously signed
£1.069 million of add-ons

Total = £56.723 million

We've got back at least:
£44.6 million for players sold
£22.126 million for players previously sold
£1.616 million of add-ons

Total = £66.342 million

Overall total = £9.619 million 'profit' (we've run profits in the previous two seasons as well).

In 10/11 so far:
Spent: £18.46m (£6.8m on new players so some of that will be bounced over the next two financial years - perhaps as much as £4.2m)
Received: £1.854m
Total = £16.06 million spent

We'll be selling again soon enough.

Should have bought someone for the Home Grown rule, seeing as he will hardly play.

He classe as Homegrown mate.

I can see the headlines in the papers now ''Brad Jones joins Liverpool, what next for Pepe Reina?''

*Sigh*

Pepe should be worried,

A top class keeper being replaced by an average championship keeper, What is this world coming to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back