Journeyman - This is my story

kab0409

Reaction score
Part 1 - Introduction

Skjermbilde 2019-12-09 kl. 21.09.00.png

My name is Tore Hansen and this is my story. Over the next few months I will tell you about my life as a football manager. From the start of my career to the very last game. An amateur's way through the football world.

I grew up in Oslo and have lived there all my life there. Growing up, my dream was to become a professional football player, but I was injured as a 16-year-old who put an end to my career. The years after the injury were tough.

Steven Gerrard has always been my hero and Liverpool FC has always been my favourite team. After the injury, I wanted to be a full-time coach for a while, and now as a 24-year-old I'm ready for my first job. I hope one day that I can be the manager of Liverpool FC. As I write this we are in February 2019 and this is the start of my career. I have not played football professionally because of the injury I received or gained any coaching badges.

HERE WE GO!!!

--

Note: This is all of the leagues loaded for this save.
Argentina – Primera Division
Australia – Hundai A-league
Austria- Sky Go Ertse League
Brazil – Serie C
China – Chinese Jia League
Denmark – 2. Division
England – Vanarama National League N/S
France – Domino´s League 2
Germany – 3. Liga
Holland – Keuken Kampionen League
Italy – Lega Pro
Norway – 2. Divisjon
South Africa – ABBA Premiership
Spain – Segunda Division B de Espana
Sweden – Division 2
Switzerland – Brack.ch Challenge League
Turkey – Spor Toto Super Lig
United States – MLS

Last edited:
Part 2 - Humble Beginnings

Now I am in the process of finding a job. After a couple of weeks of job search, I am called in for an interview with the Swedish club AFK Linköping, who plays in division 2 (level 4) in Sweden.

The club is looking for a manager who can save the club from relegation.

A few days after the interview, the phone rings. It is AFK Linköping, they offer me the job.

Of course, I say yes to the job. Now the career is finally starting.

The Club - AFK Linköping

last ned.jpeg

Nation: Sweden
Division: Division 2 Södra Svealand (level 4)
Year Founded: 2012
Professional status: Semi-professional
Finances: Okay
Continental Competition: None
Stadium: Linköping Arena
Capacity: 8,500

I have signed a 1-year part-time contract with the club. I am earning £20 per week. The club actually plays at the same stadium as their fierce rivals FC Linköping City who plays in Division 1 (level 3) i Sweden. The club i expected to be relegated this season and the media predicts a 14th place in the league, it is only 14 teams in the league. The squad lacks depth and i need to sign a few players, and the pre-season i just around the corner.

After a couple of weeks of pre-season and a lot of transfers (a total of 16) and hopefully we are ready for the season.

Transfers
Skjermbilde 2019-12-09 kl. 21.50.39.png

Skjermbilde 2019-12-09 kl. 21.50.51.png

Pre-Season Results
Skjermbilde 2019-12-09 kl. 21.20.52.png

I'm excited for this journeyman! Are you going to show each incoming and outgoing transfer in detail?

I'm excited for this journeyman! Are you going to show each incoming and outgoing transfer in detail?
I will mix it up a bit, i won´t do a presentation for the players i signed in this window because i signed so many.

Part 3 - First half of the season

Skjermbilde 2019-12-10 kl. 12.38.28.png

League Table
Skjermbilde 2019-12-10 kl. 12.52.24.png

Top 5 players so far
Skjermbilde 2019-12-10 kl. 12.41.35.png

After a good start with victory in the first match, we struggle to find the form. We are able to win some matches and we are right in the middle of the table right now. In June we are unbeaten, but are struggling to win the matches. I am currently studying for a National C coaching license.

The squad performs pretty much the same, no one performing beyond their ability. I hope that i can sign a few new players in the summer and avoid relegation.

Last edited:
Part 4 - Second half of the season
Skjermbilde 2019-12-10 kl. 22.02.41.png

Our unbeaten run continued in July and we had a streak of 9 games unbeaten in June and July. It looked like we were going to be in the fight for promotion, but then reality hit us in the face in August. September continued just as badly, but we managed to win the last game of the season.

League Table
Skjermbilde 2019-12-10 kl. 22.03.07.png

Skjermbilde 2019-12-10 kl. 22.35.07.png

The season is over and we avoid relegation. We reach the goal of the season and end up in 8th place. Although we reach the goal of the season, I am left with a disappointment after the season. It may not be so strange after having a longer period of good results and a longer period of very poor results. Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to sign new players in the summer due to the poor economy of the club.

Player awards & stats
Skjermbilde 2019-12-10 kl. 22.04.37.png

Skjermbilde 2019-12-10 kl. 22.34.17.png

Skjermbilde 2019-12-10 kl. 22.34.42.png

Skjermbilde 2019-12-10 kl. 22.34.30.png

The future
After my first season as a manager I am happy that I reached the goal for the season and that I gained my first coaching badge. The club offered me a new 1-year contract after the season. After thinking about the offer for a week, I chose to decline the offer and leave the club. I hope I can find a club that I can develop over several years. We'll see what the future brings.