Juan Manuel Mata, the striker

• Thread starter Thread starter El...Diablo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3K

El...Diablo

Reaction score
So basically I used to play a 4-4-2 which mainly promoted more goals from my defence (from corners) and midfield than my strikers, who tended to hold the ball up. Marquinhos has been my starting striker for 2 seasons, and is the partner of Javier Saviola who has been my starter for 3. Saviola is okay but he doesn't score much, and Marquinhos' poor finishing means the best he has got in a season is 18. I have just swapped to the Guardiola 4-5-1 and I had the idea of moving Mata into striker, moving Marquinhos to the wing (great dribbler).

Mata has finishing of 17, he's fast, has a composure of 17 and a flair of 18, all the makings of a good striker. I tried him in striker in my old 4-4-2 system and he scored 2 from 5.

My question for the moree experienced players of FM is would this work? In your experiences have moving a winger into striker worked?

It will work because he has the stats but he is small. I personally prefer a big striker upfront if im using them as a lone striker.

Good point... Maybe it's best to leave him on the wing and keep Toni up front.

Thanks.

Why not just play him as an inside forward on the wing? You said yourself he has great finishing and composure for a winger, so get the best of both worlds.

Back