Just a bit of fun and curiousity :)

• Thread starter Thread starter Metzli922
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 902

Metzli922

Reaction score
Sitting here tonight playing manager as my leeds team with whom after pouring much of my time heart and soul into ive just won the premier league i looked at my squad and i wondered why they were my squad.

In the years ive been with them ive put my stamp on them as we all do our teams and those of us who've played previous FM's probably have favored players and looking at mine it came to me that mine aren't always the best or the fastest or the most technically gifted so i wondered what other peoples favorite players are for every position and why.

If you choose to reply don't go too overboard with your list hehe :)

For me i think

Goalkeepers, Hugo Lloris, Rene Adler and Pepe Reina
I won the world cup with france on 2012 largely thanks to Hugo and im a liverpool supporter, also Adler because hes a good all round keeper who served me well for 9 seasons at Inter milan on 2012

Central defenders, Ryan Shawcross, Kyriakos papadopolous (apologies if thats spelt incorrectly) and Andrea Ranochia
Ryans a hard worker and loyal also fierce and makes a good captain when gerrard retires on my liverpool games, Kyriakos is the wonderkid at schalke if ive confused anyone with my lousy spelling 5 solid seasons with me at Inter before being sold for 45 million to Barca best defender ive ever seen simply put hes a wall, and Andrea Ranochia for my time at Inter and for being my captain till the age of 36.

Full backs, Christophe Jalet, Kyle walker and Dominico Criscito
Simply because they are all commited hard working trouble free players who aren't the best at defending or going forward but are in the middle ground where as players like Glen Johnson offer too much in the attack and not enough at the back, just as a example

Central midfielders, Marco Verratti, Jack Wilshere, Moussa sissoko and Marvin Martin
Marco when hes fully developed is or was immense atleast on 2012 i haven't really seen him on 2013, Jack wilshere fully developed 20 goals and 16 assists for my liverpool team, and Moussa sissoko for his work ethic long range shooting and speed which contributed to my world cup winning france team and my current leeds team, Marvin Martin has never and probably will never score a goal for me but 24 assists in a single season gets him in :)

Wingers, I could ofc say Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, most of us have managed these gems at some point but i try to not be so obvious so :3, Alejandro Gomez, Frank Ribery, Nicolas Gaitan, Angel Di Maria, Wilifried Zaha and Thomas Ince
Alejandro Gomez is my one and only match catch, normally i like most rely on scouts and have a certain idea of what im looking for but in season 1 for me at Inter milan he single handedly undid my team with a superb hattrick and joined me in january for 8 million now in 2013 hes serving skillfully and loyally for my leeds team.

Frank Ribery because of my france team and because my first ever Fm was 2011 and my first team was Bayern Munich, hes a bit of a trouble maker but when you build a relationship hes very loyal and a good asset.

Nicolas Gaitan, Short, fast, creative, skillful, gets his goals, resourceful and works hard, i could call him a poor mans Di maria but i would consider that rude to the player i think hes a brilliant addition to any team with title aspirations such as my leeds squad :3

Angel Di maria, might not get many goals irl but is a brilliant addition to any squad on FM

And finally, Zaha and Ince possibly the two best and brightest english talents around at the moment Zaha's stat's have a way of never improving but the 10-15 goals he can contribute from the wing per season and 5-10 assists make him more than worth his low fee not to mention his knack of getting goals that really do matter, Ince is much the same more creative though but both hard working and well timed.

Strikers, Tough one.. After long pause and much consideration, Stevan Jovetic, David Villa, Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Carlos Tevez and Humberto Suazo.

I don't really think those names need much explaination but ill try, Stevan is one of those rare players who can play anywhere you put him and contribute, hes loyal and skillful with a good temprament and realistic wage demands which is rare for such a good striker hes been a part of too many of my teams to mention over the past couple of years.

David Villa, theres only one, people could say that hes only great because barca are great but having bought him for the last few years of his career for Liverpool and Bayern munich he'll always be one of my favorites.

Klaas Jan was Villas strike partner for me at Liverpool, they worked well together and Klaas is a good honest hard working type with the skill and a cannon of a foot to go with it.

Carlos Tevez needs no introduction or explaination more than he was who i bought to partner Villa at Munich, he may look like and Uruk hai but he can play football.

And last but not least Humberto Suazo, Good on you Corinthians, no offence Chelsea supporters :), he has a reasonable amount of speed, good skill, enough strength to hold onto the ball in english football, can finish, works hard and has great timing, for the 7.5 million buyout fee in 2013 hes more than worth it perhaps more for Italian clubs than english but ive used him at Lazio and Liverpool with great success.

So there you have it :) sorry for the wall of text but if your an insomniac like me you might be glad of the read :).
Its all in good fun so feel free to contribute id love to hear what other people prefer and why :)

Best wishes and happy new year :)

on fm 12 used to all ways sign counago for rotherham on a free great striker at league 2 signed him for wrexham few times too

I tend to be in League one or championship and have had Mark Cullen in a few of my teams. always gets me goals

Back