JUST BEEN RELEGATED FROM THE EPL WITH STOKE

COYBIG1888

Reaction score
TOOK THE STOKE JOB JUST 3 DAYS BEFORE THEY WERE RELEGATED AND WOULD LIKE TO COME STRAIGHT BACK UP ANY SUGGESTIONS PLAYERS TACTICS FORMATION ALL NEEDED

THANKS

Stoke is a very physical team, so try finding some pacey players to make the squad balance, and start from there mate..

As i said to you in the PM, we need more detail, we can't suggest a tactic for you if we don't know what your squad is like. Not only that, but you haven't posted in the tactics section, which is here:

Football Manager 2012 Tactics & Training

At the top of that section is a huge bannered section called what tactic should i use, which also states that giving us more detail is likely to get better quality answers.

You could also try downloading a tactic:

Tactics - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

Similarly, people are less likely to suggest players if you don't state what positions you are looking to improve. But for a start i would try Raikans wonderkid shortlist:

Raikan007's Wonderkid Shortlist Fm12 - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

As for the last comment in your PM, im not sure how a website with 333k members can be called a 'club for friends'

Expecting answers at 3am is also a bit unrealistic, the majority of users are UK based.

Just be patient, now this thread has a few posts and the ball is rolling you should get some help come the morning.

do you have any suggestions no 1 wants to come to the championship i play a 4-1-2-3 4 defenders 1dm 2cm 3st looking for dc and dm and 20 a season striker

Last edited:
As i said to you in the PM, we need more detail, we can't suggest a tactic for you if we don't know what your squad is like. Not only that, but you haven't posted in the tactics section, which is here

cheers

Last edited:
I would suggest instanly dropping the 3 strikers tactic.

Stoke have big players (unless you have inherited a vastly changed squad, you haven't said what year this is either) who generally are good at heading the ball.

A tactic that makes use of this would be my suggestion. Grab two decent wingers (if the squad hasn't changed then you already have pennant and etherington) and play a simple 442, getting the ball wide as much as possible, and make sure the wingers cross it in for the big men to nod it in.

I would suggest instanly dropping the 3 strikers tactic.

Stoke have big players (unless you have inherited a vastly changed squad, you haven't said what year this is either) who generally are good at heading the ball.

A tactic that makes use of this would be my suggestion. Grab two decent wingers (if the squad hasn't changed then you already have pennant and etherington) and play a simple 442, getting the ball wide as much as possible, and make sure the wingers cross it in for the big men to nod it in.

its 2013 and the vast majority of the players i.e pennant and etherington are gone and the rest want to move to a bigger club so basically im looking to off load them and start from scratch

i also have 10 million with the chance of more once i sell the rest

Offloading an entire squad is very difficult (selling is notoriously hard) and is also disruptive to any new players arriving into an unsettled squad, making your chances of promotion lessen. Winning a few games on the bounce also generally see's a players unhapiness for things like wants a move to bigger club/unhappy at treatment by you etc go away, so you don't necessarily have to sell everyone to succeed. How many teams have sold an entire squad in real life and gone on to do well anyway? ;)

Screenshot us your squad (press alt+f9 when on your squad page, then find the screenshot in my documents/Sports Interactive/FM12/screenshots) and we'll go from there.

Last edited:
Offloading an entire squad is very difficult (selling is notoriously hard) and is also disruptive to any new players arriving into an unsettled squad, making your chances of promotion lessen. Winning a few games on the bounce also generally see's a players unhapiness for things like wants a move to bigger club/unhappy at treatment by you etc go away, so you don't necessarily have to sell everyone to succeed. How many teams have sold an entire squad in real life and gone on to do well anyway? ;)

Screenshot us your squad (press alt+f9 when on your squad page, then find the screenshot in my documents/Sports Interactive/FM12/screenshots) and we'll go from there.
cheers m8 alt f9 just made it go off and when i click on it it says its already running and not anywhere to be seen

TRy the old method then, print screen then paste to paint and upload.

TRy the old method then, print screen then paste to paint and upload.

forget it mate cheers for the help but before you go can you tell me a decent dc cm and st thats all i need and ill take it from there

I'll base it on players who are doing well in the championship on a save i have in 2013 at the moment. (I'm managing man utd so i havent really looked at the championship.)

DC Aleksander Milosevic, Vergard Forren, Shaun Hutchinson
DM Ousmane N'Doye, Marcelo Mattos, Dominik Stahl
AMC Mateusz Cetnarski, Lee Tomlin, Filip Kiss
ST Martin Jakubko, Etien Velikonja, Lucas Viatri

I'll base it on players who are doing well in the championship on a save i have in 2013 at the moment. (I'm managing man utd so i havent really looked at the championship.)

DC Aleksander Milosevic, Vergard Forren, Shaun Hutchinson
DM Ousmane N'Doye, Marcelo Mattos, Dominik Stahl
AMC Mateusz Cetnarski, Lee Tomlin, Filip Kiss
ST Martin Jakubko, Etien Velikonja, Lucas Viatri

DC danny wilson loan l/pool
CM joe ledley, behram kayal
ST macheda sturridge