Just cannot get into this game

• Thread starter Thread starter saddworth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2K

saddworth

Reaction score
no matter what team i am and no matter what challenge lies ahead i just cannot get into this game any ideas on why?

Personally, I'd say because the main flaws have been removed from the game, such as exploits-it's discouraged people. People now have to work for the win this time-no shortcuts. When you compare it to FM 12, FM 12 was lot, lot easier because of so many exploits that were discovered. And because it's a lot more realistic and challenging it can be disconcerting for people-some have given up too easily and prefer to complain, rather than work on what they're doing wrong (that's not aimed at you btw, but from what I've seen from others).

My best suggestion would be for you to decide what you want from the save.If you just want to plug & play and develop youngsters, then I would pick a team like Barca or Real but if really wanting to get into the save and wanting it to bring more dimensions, the I would do the following

- Make some research about the squad. Look at it as it where in real life. If picking Aston Villa, then you should expect to struggle in some matches, correct ? The next thing is to analyze their squad and the players. Looking at a random player in their team, you will see his strengths and weakneses. This way, you will easier understand why he gives away the ball in dangerous positions, or why he struggles in big matches.

My point is that when knowing all this, then you decide if you like this approach or not. If so, then make some goals with the save. It could be to actually develop some players and finding that just as important as getting 3 points in that particular match.

Never reload a game. Take a loss on the chin and instead try to learn how to get the morale up after a few losses, try becoming a better coach and mentor.

I've enjoyed this game much more since making some simple rules.

No reloading matches, but I give myself 1 reload when negotiating important transfers.

No importing tactics, its gotta be something I make myself.

Absolutely no 3rd party scouting programs or game editing.

Apart from that, I usually enjoy an underdog challenge and working my way up through the English leagues. Now that I've completed that on my current save I'm working on becoming a powerhouse and eventually being able to develop my own youth.

Why would you reload tranfer negotiations? That's cheating :(

Because personally the transfer negotiations aren't too realistic, its more of a silly mini-game imo.

Like I said in MANUMAD'S Box of Sweets - You bought a football management simulation, now manage!

FM13 is now much less a "game" than previous versions. You need hours of planning and preparation (sometimes I spend an hour doing stuff and its only one game day!). Last nite the mother in law was talking to the wife on the balcony while I was inside playing and I had to shut the balcony door cos I couldnt concentrate! Thats what it takes mate ...

Last nite the mother in law was talking to the wife on the balcony while I was inside playing and I had to shut the balcony door cos I couldnt concentrate! Thats what it takes mate ...
Bahahaha!

The game is what you make it! However everyone enjoys it different ways, that's why FM's great - because there's a wide ways of playing the game the way you want to. The way TBH put it in her second point is for me the best way to play the game, I get into the game so much more when I know my squad off the back of my hand and put thought into it, otherwise I get bored if I'm honest

The game is what you make it! However everyone enjoys it different ways, that's why FM's great - because there's a wide ways of playing the game the way you want to. The way TBH put it in her second point is for me the best way to play the game, I get into the game so much more when I know my squad off the back of my hand and put thought into it, otherwise I get bored if I'm honest

For me, though I enjoy the above, I love managing "exotic" teams I know nothing about (such as my current double save with VELEZ in Argentina and AL AHLY in Egypt) , slowly getting acquainted with their players, googleing the club to learn about their history etc ...

For me, though I enjoy the above, I love managing "exotic" teams I know nothing about (such as my current double save with VELEZ in Argentina and AL AHLY in Egypt) , slowly getting acquainted with their players, googleing the club to learn about their history etc ...
Sorry I think I didn't explain myself very well there, what I meant to say was taking over a club you don't really have much knowledge about and learning more about those players etc, best part eh?

I had the same problem this year,On fm 12 i downloaded the lower leagues..Ended up taking Radlciffe Borough all the way,I was so into it i couldnt really get into fm 13,Tried so many saves,Including going Radcliffe again but it wasnt the same!

After some time away,I sat down on a minging sunday afternoon..After literally and hour of looking through teams i Chose Guernsey,Planned what i wanted from the save,Took a deep breath and aint looked back :)

Just take a long hard think what you want to win,where u want to win it..And who with! try and find a connection..

Bringing a lower league team up you end up with a decent bond with the save as you built them up from nothing..Worth a shot?

I was the same as you until last week some time. I then went and won the UCL and league in my first season and am loving the game. I just needed to look at what I was doing wrong, which was a lot, and start playing smarter.

I'm struggling a bit on my second season as my squad is huge and I don't know who I do and don't want to sell! My transfer dealings so far have been all over the place lol. But I've managed to stay consistent (Bar 1 3-0 defeat at home to Everton).

The thing that help me was spending hours and hours tweaking things and adjusting things in pre-season. Once I had that sorted out, the season worked out nicely.

Personally, I think it's best to start with a team you're fan of. You'll know the players and the tactics being used in real life so already have a nice basis of how you could play. If you kind of mimic you can learn how the game works, while you still have the basics of tactics and players which will take alot time of adjusting too also.

Personally, I think it's best to start with a team you're fan of. You'll know the players and the tactics being used in real life so already have a nice basis of how you could play. If you kind of mimic you can learn how the game works, while you still have the basics of tactics and players which will take alot time of adjusting too also.
Funny thing is that I actually used to think football was boring until I played this game and got some insight into the tactics involved, found out what all the leagues and cups are about, etc. I just started playing this game because I enjoyed a couple of other lightweight sports sims and FM was touted as the best sports sim out there...

It certainly lived up to my expectations!

Back