Just Cannot Win (Contains Moaning!)

• Thread starter Thread starter Adam King
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

Adam King

Reaction score
Hi,

So I'm two games into a season with Gloucester City (BSN) on FM12 - won six out of eight pre-season games (drew the other two at home to Cardiff City Reserves 1-1 and Cheltenham Town 0-0) and recorded a first win of the season 4-1 at home to Vauxhall Motors.

So far so good, but now I have Hyde away in my second game.

Try as I might, I just cannot seem to beat them with any formation. I usually play with two advanced wingers, two stoppers in midfield and full-backs who like to get forward. My defenders all have high tackling/heading stats and my wingers and strikers have good finishing stats.

Not bragging, but man for man my team is better than the Hyde team being fielded.

Yet...

EVERY time I score one goal they score two.
EVERY time one of my players gets fouled, the ref waves play on and Hyde score. This is wrong, surely?
When I have been in front I ALWAYS lose at least one player to injury.

It would seem that the game does not want me to beat Hyde. Now, why would that be? The game is meant to be impartial, surely? I picked a worse team against Cardiff and they only scored in the 84th minute after Gloucester had dominated the game.

Should I just suck it up, admit defeat and carry on (seeing as how I've already tried replaying the game v Hyde 80 times - yes I am that sad!) or should I not give up even though Football Manager 2012 seems to hate me at the moment?

Thanks, sorry if it sounds petty but I'm just very frustrated and wouldn't like to think the game is trying to deliberately cheat me after I've had a good start.

Best to suck it up-you'll come across bigger shocks further down the road.

Back