Just got FM13, after some training/tactics tips.

danmitchell26

Reaction score
I started a game last night with Everton after installing FM the other night.

It's quite tight with Everton with only having 1.5m budget.

Any particular tips i should know or definitley use with training and tactics?

Appreciated :)

I would look at the team and the players and evaluate their strengths and weaknesses. From this, I would setup a basic tactic that lets you use your best players where they do most damage whilst still havnig a solid defensive shape.

About training: Just use the standard training and then set all your players on individuall program to strengthen their stats in those needed for their role in your approach

Example: ( not for Everton, but in general)

Lets say you have a really good MR/AMR. Now, whilst he is really good in his AMR position, your DR is simply not good enough to cover the flank on his own. He lacks positioning and stamina. Here, its a isk and reward situation. Should you risk the defensive stability to utulize your AMR to his best, or do you need him to play as MR and help the poor DR

If you have a team that is full of energy ( like Everton), perhaps its a good idea to use this. Playing compact and rather attacking and put high pressure on the opponenents?. If so, then would you say you have the squad depth to use this approach as its pretty demanding on the players.

If setting up your superb Forward in his preferd role, the one he is using in real life, think about what kind of support he needs. If he is a TQ playing in the FC position, then he really needs someone moving in between the lines to stretch the opponenets defence, like an AMC on attack

There are 1000s of examples like this. IN the end, its all about knowing your team and knowing how your tactical approaches actually work

Back