Just in case you get a big head about your importance...

TakedaLegout

Reaction score
I have been managing a smaller Russian club for about 7 years. it was my 3rd job in the game. I took them to top 3 in the Premier League 3 out of the past 4 years despite having the 11th largest payroll. For fun the other day, I decided to hit save, then apply for an opening with Stade Rennais in Ligue 1 who had just fired their manager since my name is often linked to openings across Europe. Here is what happened:
- I was fired immediately from my Russian club.
- Stade Rennais laughed at my interest although clubs bigger and better than them have offered me in previous seasons
- I applied for every opening, even Russian clubs below mine in the standings currently, and was turned down by all of them.
- Stade Rennais gave the job to someone with no Cup wins (I had 2), no EC wins (I had 7) and had been fired from his last job for imcompetence while telling me that they wanted someone with a higher pedigree.

Say what???

After 2 weeks of no job offers, I quit and re-loaded my old save. Within those same 2 weeks i was offered 2 jobs with clubs better than any of those I had applied for when I was unemployed. Moral of the story, FM12 teams are just like women. They only want you when you're taken. :D