slavskyyyy

Reaction score

SKY SPORTS PRESENTS
24/06/19

Image result for sky sports news png

Brian Clough Jr, son of the famous Brian Clough has reportedly been seeking a position as Head Coach after recently completing his UEFA Pro License. Brian is only interested in a job in England and he's willing to wait for one to become available. Chesterfield in the Vanarama National League are currently looking for a manager. Is Clough an option? We'll have to wait and see. We'll keep you updated on Brian Clough and his venture into management as soon as we know more.

IT'S A DEAL
29/06/19

1580076743301.png

It's done! Brian Clough Jr puts pen to paper on a one year deal to join Chesterfield as their new manager. With The Blues being tipped to finish 6th and in the playoff spots we're lead to believe that a huge amount of pressure will be resting on Cloughies shoulders as he takes the hot seat. We were lucky to exclusively chat to Brian after his unveiling press conference. This is what he had to say.

Interviewer: Brian do you think you'll be able to live up to the name Brian Clough and be the type of manager your father once was?
Clough: I don't think I have to live up to anyone. I'm my own person, my own man. The only person I have to live up to be is myself. 100% myself.

Interviewer: How far do you think you can go with Chesterfield considering there were talks about the club being sold at some point in the near future?
Clough: I don't know. I haven't met the players or my staff yet. I want to go as far as I can take them and I'm sure I have the boards backing as long as I'm here.

Interviewer: Final question Brian. How do you want your team to play and what should the fans expect?
Clough: I want us to play attractive and attacking football that's entertaining and good to watch. The fans should expect this to be more than just a football club but a REAL community with everyone involved. From the board to the players.

Interviewer: Thank you very much Brian and good luck.
Clough: Thank you very much but I won't need the luck.

Last edited:
Day One
On my first day in charge of Chesterfield I quickly realised that I have a bit of a job to do here, especially when it comes to organising the backroom staff. As I said in the interview I haven't met my staff yet, well... There wasn't much staff to meet. None in fact except the board. Search for staff for both the first team and the U18 team has began ASAP.

Stuart Balmer joins The Blues
The first step in getting a good group of staff together was bringing in an Assistant Manager. So I did just that. The 49 y/o Scotts man joins us on a 2 year contract for £700 p/w. With years of coaching and playing experience under his belt and his defending and fitness coaching at a good level he will not only be an asset on the sideline but also on the training ground.
a4caa697808f1226a383e33cd53b2935.png

After the appointment of Stuart I began looking into what the infrastructure of the club looked like as well as our financial capabilities and projections. I will be approaching the transfer market in a very specific and thought out way (which will be covered in a seperate update) so the way I spend the money I have available to me has to be done wisely.

Facilities
Overall the facilities are adequate at best with a few exceptions. The stadium was built recently and is in perfect condition. It has a capacity of just over 10,500 so we should be alright for the next few season as far as I'm concerned. As far as improvements go I'll be focusing on our training facilities for the first team and youth teams. There's not much more to say about the facilities at this point in time as they're quite ***** overall.
da1e36a2a666f8aa9f6f45d9adc9715f.png

Finances
Now this is something to be positive about. I was surprised to say the least by the amount of financial security the club has at this moment in time. Aside from the 9 million pound loan we have to pay off (at departure of chairman) there is nothing that should set us back financially. With almost 500k in the bank which I expect will rise as we go through pre season and play some high profile teams, it will be interesting to see if we can keep the good times going on a financial basis. 30k in the wage budget off which we're currently spending 27 is also a nice bonus as it gives me a couple grand to spend on a new signing or two if we do need them.
1580247690123.png

Pre match Interview
That is that for today's update on the save but we'll wrap it up with an interview with Brian by Bill from The Blues TV ahead of his first game in charge in a friendly against Gloucester City.

Interviewer: Hi Brian, good to see you again. Have you had much time to organise the team and your staff ahead of tomorrow's game?

Clough: To be honest my main priority has been getting the staff situation sorted and It's still in the works despite bringing in Stuart Balmer.

Interviewer: What do you think Stuart Balmer can bring to this club and what kind of working relationship do you think you and Stuart will develop,

Clough: First of all he brings with him great knowledge of the game from a players point of view but also a coaches. Having a balance of the two was extremely important to me when searching for and Assistant. I think we'll get on well together and can bring the good times back to Chesterfield.

Interviewer: The transfer window is now open of course, what is your strategy for the transfer market and can we expect a big rebuild right off the bat?

Clough: The strategy isn't something I really want to talk about in public but I can tell you we won't be bringing in ****. We'll be bringing in quality ****. When it comes to the amount of signings we'll make, I can't say exactly. We will bring players in if we need to.

Interviewer: This is the last one now. You know yourself Brian but money talks in Football nowadays. With us being a small club with limited financial resources, how will you get past that?

Clough: The only part of money that talks at this level are wages. We will be restricting ourselves to free transfers and loans it's as simple as that. Thanks.

Last edited: