Just not Realistic Anymore....

• Thread starter Thread starter olambert9
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2K

olambert9

Reaction score
Anyone find this new version just not realistic anymore?
Started a game with Tottenham, away to Man city i won 5-0.
At home too Stoke i lose 4-1. Then beat Everton, Villa and QPR by believable scores but then lose to Newcastle 5-0! Seems like you never get realistic scores or transfers anymore. All just random

No, not at all. Perhaps its the tactic you're using, or the teamtalks. Of course, you sometimes can get a freak result, but it doesnt happen too often imo (just like irl). And as for the transfers, i think they actually improved them quite a bit. It's much harder to get a great player on a cheap and if you want to buy some outstanding talent, you have to be ready to pay serious cash for him.

Last edited:
When it comes to transfers I think they are really well designed in this version.

But i do get a fair share of awkward results , yeah.

In my first season as Arsenal , Barcelona kicked my *** 3:0 at Camp Nou.

Obviously things cant get much more hopeless then that, so i gave up and simply vacationed the return match.

Only to find out, to my amusement, that i destroyed them at Emirates... 5:0 :P

Anyone find this new version just not realistic anymore?
Started a game with Tottenham, away to Man city i won 5-0.
At home too Stoke i lose 4-1. Then beat Everton, Villa and QPR by believable scores but then lose to Newcastle 5-0! Seems like you never get realistic scores or transfers anymore. All just random

City, Stoke and Newcastle all play very different games, it's perfectly possible your team copes very well with one but not with the other. In my first season with Spurs I almost had an unbeaten season, losing out only to United at old Trafford, and twice against Stoke, at home as well as away. They're very annoying to play with their brick wall defending and kick 'n run football. It's something so archaic in a modern football league that many teams have forgotten how to defend against it - hence their (modest) success.

most stupid thing is,when u playing home,had 70% posses. having 10-15 CCC,and then recive a gol in 91min...wtf?

Seriously, how losing one game means FM is unrealistic?

When building my teams i put a lot of focus to have team spirit marked as very dertermined - on top level this means i very rarely hire players with determination below 15. I think this strategy contributed a lot into awkward results, because my AI team just keeps pushing and pushing and pushing and never gives up. RL managers can use psychologists, and psychotests, and mental training, but will never be able to judge chart player's determination and his ability to play under pressure just from looking at some number.

Last edited:
Back