just started a game, my team has a very low morate

StrateJacket

Reaction score
I am playing as Real Madrid. First time I started a game (and was unaware of team meetings) I came to Barca in the Spanish supercup. 10 out of the 11 of the team has low morale, with 3 having poor morale.

I have started a new game wirh the Team Meetings option in mind, and knowing how I can boost morale. Anyway, I beat the Madrid reserve side and gave a Team talk afterwards as morale was low beforehand. It was positive, with 20 players reacting good. Anyway I noticed in the next game, a friendly against Shanghai the team morale was very bad again. Only 1 out of the starting 11 had good morales, 8 had poor morales and 2 had poor.

I lost the match 2-1 (with my first team) and afterwards 4 players have a very poor morale. For some reason more players who are on the bench have a better morale. Anyway, I don't want to have another Team Meeting as I know from before the players only want one every once in a while. What can I do to improve morale though?

maybe they don't like you? I dont know my first guess is a bug?

The easiest way to improve moral is to win games. Offer them better contracts or try sign their favoured personnel. Praise them if they do well, ect.

They've just lost Mourinho and replaced him with you, of course they're dissapointed.

Go through the players information screen and perhaps you can find out why some of them are unhappy.

It happen to me also when i started a new game using barcelona they have low morale.

For some weird reason the teams morale is good a day before the match, then it slumps on match day.

ie Cristiano Ronaldo had a "Superb" morales one day before a match, then "Poor" the next day. I didn't alter anything, just pressed continue.

Hmm, poor press conference maybe?

I didn't have a press conference in the day difference, the press conference was a couple of days beforehand.

EDIT: Cristiano Ronaldo has played 3 games for portugal and has 9 goals, but he still has a "Fairly Poor" morale for Madrid. He has an average rating of 9.59 for Portugal but only 6.90 for Madrid after 3 games. He scored nothing yet.

Wait, I read that Ronaldo think's my lack of experience may hinder the clubs progress. Thanks SI for putting this in >:

Last edited:
With the time your players will begin to like you and if you continue to win your morale will get better and better. After 5 matches the morale of my team was superb. The beginning of the season is the most difficult part of the season

I solve the morale problem at the beginning of a season very easily - I play matches with a very low reputation teams. Usually they are won with at least couple goals to none (sometimes 15:0), and I always praise the team for the game. After 2 to 3 games like this morale is boosted. I play them at the end of the preparation time, with the last one played about one week before the first competitive game. I don't do the team meetings because I don't know what to say to them, and usually someone asks "is this why you brought us all here?" then someone agrees with that person and the meeting ends with a lower morale than before :).

With the time your players will begin to like you and if you continue to win your morale will get better and better. After 5 matches the morale of my team was superb. The beginning of the season is the most difficult part of the season

Especially when your first 2 competitive games are against Barcelona over 2 legs for the Spanish supercup.

I've won 8 games in a row. I barely beat 19th placed Espanyol and at the end 4 players had "Poor" morale.

FFS like!!

Ronaldo has played 20 times and scored only 10 times, while Messi played 16 times and scored 18. I wonder if Ronaldo's low morales has contributed to this.

I gave him a bollocking after the last game, I see if that will have an effect.

Yeah I don't know what's the problem since the last update... I'm in my third season with Bayern after winning two consecutive trebles, haven't lost a match all season so far, and this happens:

Players start the game at Fairly Good/Fairly Poor... then when they win it rises to Superb... just for it to fall back to Fairly Good/Poor the next match. Luckily the opposition is easy enough in the Bundesliga that they can win or draw with average morale... this patch is seriously messing with me.

Yeah I don't know what's the problem since the last update... I'm in my third season with Bayern after winning two consecutive trebles, haven't lost a match all season so far, and this happens:

Players start the game at Fairly Good/Fairly Poor... then when they win it rises to Superb... just for it to fall back to Fairly Good/Poor the next match. Luckily the opposition is easy enough in the Bundesliga that they can win or draw with average morale... this patch is seriously messing with me.

I do have the same problem. Playing with FC Bayern 3rd season each time trebles lost max 2-3 games for whole season. Players superb when win and next day "good" "fairly good" etc.. Happened with the last patch!!!

Pls help.

yeah they take in you experience when you start your game. so sunday league player taking over real madrid isn't the best :)

Whats your experience? Its it Semi pro, sunday league? If so that will be a main contributor. The more games you win the better. Constantly praise them. Hold team meetings etc. Play friendlies against absolute nobodies and play your main XI. Morale will rasie slowly but surely.

get an assistant manager with high stats! i don't do my teamtalks or press conferences leave all that to my *** man!

currently promoted Boreham Wood from BSP to Championship at the moment after consecutive promotions apart from league 1 where i just got screwed on playoff games.

Back