Monday Night Challenge

Kylo

MAAAATTT DAMMOONNNNNN
Reaction score
Here is tonights Radio Five Live Monday Night Challenge, just a bit of fun..

If Michael Dawson plays this World Cup, it will be his debut in an England shirt.. Who was the last English player to play his debut in a World Cup Finals game?

Of course, no googling! I guessed Rooney, but the answer is from any World Cup.

Looking foward to the guesses!
Kylo.

Here is tonights Radio Five Live Monday Night Challenge, just a bit of fun..

If Michael Dawson plays this World Cup, it will be his debut in an England shirt.. Who was the last English player to play his debut in a World Cup Finals game?

Of course, no googling! I guessed Rooney, but the answer is from any World Cup.

Looking foward to the guesses!
Kylo.

it aint rooney mate i went to his first england game back in 2003 i think it was against australia :D

it aint rooney mate i went to his first england game back in 2003 i think it was against australia :D

it was indeed, we lost 3-1 that night. francis jeffers got the England goal if i remember lol

Good shouts, but I don't think its Walcott. We took him in 2006 but he didn't play, in my memory.

i cant remember off the top of my head lol it was a long time ago but i think i remember them doing a report on it the other day when i was watching espn classics (world cup 2006) they had a peice of theo walcott, allan clarke made his debut during the 1970/74 world cup i think.

Kylo will you confirm the answer when/if someone gets it right?
I had to give in to temptation and find the answer but don't worry I won't post it on here ;)
I would have guessed either Gerrard or Lampard

for some reason i think it's someone from the 1966 world cup winning squad, but i don't have a clue who.

Its just been revealed, it was in fact Allan Clarke in the 70s :)

It allows you win competitions on forums where there are no prizes..... what more could you ask for?!(H)