Kaspar Schmeichel

• Thread starter Thread starter Matty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2K

Matty

Reaction score
I have been Notts County now for 2 and a half seasons on my way to finishing in the play off spots in the championship.

I have kept the faith with Kaspar all the way through, he has performed well and i am pleased with him. BUT...

I have been in 3 penalty shootouts since taking the notts county job. Lost all of them. i think a team has missed one penalty against me, and thats because it went wide.

and in general play he has NEVER saved one.

Im not being funny but that is shocking! When a team gets a penalty against me its as if when they hit the target its a goal.

has anyone else ever had this happen? because its doing my head in!

not that much of a lottery! 3 seasons worth.

Iv checked and all three of the keepers iv had to back him up have all saved penalties!

Ole Soderberg
John Ruddy
Artur Krysiak

There isnt any way of winning a penalty shoot-out other than good takers, and hope that the opponents are unlucky...although good reactions help somewhat.

Oh ye i know there isnt a way to win a penalty shootout. And i know its luck most of it anyway.

But for a keeper to not save 1 in three seasons in any situation is dissapointing.

Whenever i have played fm, i have never had this happen before. Iv even started to consider changing goalkeepers. As its annoying me that much!

Although i really like Kaspar, very reliable in general, just not for spot kicks.

Just makes me wish sometimes, why cant you be like your dad kid haha

Lol my keepers never save penalties (Arsenal, Espanyol...) in play or shootout. It's just luck. But to go 3 seasons without saving one is pretty extreme, and for Kaspar Schmeichel that's very disappointing.

one thing i have always wondered is if your penalty taker (Rooney's) penalty taking stat is say 19 and his match rating is only on 5.8, will he be more prone to missing the penalty due to his kak rating for the game and will the same apply to the free kick takers??

Harper is pretty good. We gave away about ten penalties and saved 3 or 4...

How harsh, If the guy has played well for two and a half seasons i think it would be shocking to drop him because he does not save penalties.

Ye i have decided to keep the faith with Kaspar would be stupid for me to drop him just because he isnt performing well penalty wise.
Whats funny is as soon as i had this post 2 really strange things happened.

I played coventry at home went 2-0 up, they pegged it back before half time disappointed me very much!

THEN Cov get awarded 3 penalties! in the second hald, elliot ward the great penalty taker he is wins the game, he put the ball two bottom right, one bottom left, what did kaspar do. never moved for any of them, just stayed in the middle!
If i know penalties, keepers always move one way! thats just how it is.

Then my next game against swansea, i was 3-0 up away from home, very pleased with my results, PENALTY to swansea, thought great 3-1.

HE SAVES the penalty, but didnt move again! the rebound goes in :(
I think kaspar is destined not to save penalties

when the rebound went in it actually made me laugh, when usually it just annoys me

it probably depends on stuff like their decisions, composure, concentration, reflexes etc

ye it probably does, but kaspar is a good keeper generally, i would say maybe to 5 in the division im in. Considering he starts in league 2 hes a great keeper

So he should be ok in those areas

Urh.. How bout' you just don't give away penalties? ^^)
Or.. Just win the game, BEFORE going to penalties.
Both of these should work. :wub:

Urh.. How bout' you just don't give away penalties? ^^)
Or.. Just win the game, BEFORE going to penalties.
Both of these should work. :wub:

Like you can control whether your player gives a penalty away or not :P

No matter if you set them to cautious tackling there is no guarantee at all of no penalties. I play with a cautious tackling mentality and I've still conceded a few pens.

I've got a file with Notts County and Kaspar has saved a few pens. He has deffinately saved one in a penalty shoot out too.

I expect it's just down to luck.

I haven't had a major issue with keepers, Craig Gordon was a legend for me in FM09 in my run to the F.A Cup which involved 4 penalty shootouts. I won all of them and Gordon was epic saving 2 or 3 in each shootout. I then proceeded to buy Ochoa the next year and got won the Europa League on penalties against Sevilla thanks to his heroics. You must have some rotten luck if Kasper can't save one of them

on fm 10 i have given up on ever seeing one of my keepers save a penalty in a normal game situation i have only ever seen penalties saved in a penalty shoot out but in 90mins its a guaranteed goal. go figure

ye just my luck i suppose lol.

**** defence giving away penalties all the time lol.

and oh ye thats a solution just win the game anyway because thats how it always work :/

and ye i have tried the cautious tackling lark but still giving em away lol.

when he saves one, you will all know about it :) haha

Oh ye i know there isnt a way to win a penalty shootout. And i know its luck most of it anyway.

But for a keeper to not save 1 in three seasons in any situation is dissapointing.

Whenever i have played fm, i have never had this happen before. Iv even started to consider changing goalkeepers. As its annoying me that much!

Although i really like Kaspar, very reliable in general, just not for spot kicks.

Just makes me wish sometimes, why cant you be like your dad kid haha

Kick your dirty defence into shape, so you dont have to face a penalty...lol. and as for shoot-outs, try and win in normal time, to keep away from the lottery!

Kick your dirty defence into shape, so you dont have to face a penalty...lol. and as for shoot-outs, try and win in normal time, to keep away from the lottery!

Ye lol i do try to win before the lottery believe me! EVERY time! LOL

just hasn't happened that way, and i have been fining and warning my defence all over the shop for getting sent off etc. I don't concede that many penalties just they always go in.

except for that ridiculous 3 in one game against coventry :s lol

Back