Kasper Schmeichel joins Leeds

• Thread starter Thread starter Jak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 3K

Jak

Reaction score
Personally I think this is a great signing. He should be a solid no.1 in the Championship next season with Higgs for Backup. What do fellow Leeds fans think and also fellow Championship team supporters think? Apparently there were premiership teams after him but he chose to join Leeds which just shows the appeal the club still has. Pretty great that we got him on a free too. All I can say is in Grayson we trust and hopefully he can sign more quality players. Also have to say well done to Bates. He has his doubters (me for one) but here he has shown he will invest to help get the club back to the premiership.

full story here

Personally I think this is a great signing. He should be a solid no.1 in the Championship next season with Higgs for Backup. What do fellow Leeds fans think and also fellow Championship team supporters think? Apparently there were premiership teams after him but he chose to join Leeds which just shows the appeal the club still has. Pretty great that we got him on a free too. All I can say is in Grayson we trust and hopefully he can sign more quality players. Also have to say well done to Bates. He has his doubters (me for one) but here he has shown he will invest to help get the club back to the premiership.

full story here

Or it could be that he wanted first team football over a place on the bench..

But yeah, good signing.

He's a decent keeper but can be a bit error prone, he made a few good saves against Fulham when we beat Notts 4 nil in FA Cup.

He will destory the wages..

But either way, good signing. Pretty Ironic, Peter Schmeichel playing for Man United and becoming a legend, and now his son joining fierce rivals Leeds, and perhaps becoming a legend? Wow.

Thats a well good transfer for leeds to pull off

i like the bit on the website that says he played for Manchester United City

"Kasper, a former Manchester United City apprentice, arrives from Notts County, where he kept over 20 clean sheets last season as the Magpies picked up the League Two title."

FourFourTwo it's also quite ironic how Casper leaves but another Kasper comes to take his place :D Also I don't think he will destroy the wages. Bates is very strict about wages, it's one reason why Beckford didn't sign a new contract (along with wanting to play in the Premiership). Bates even said they wouldn't increase the contract offer to him despite him rejecting.

I didn't even notice that Nick, nice catch! That is quite funny actually

Could be a good signing but I don't see him doing much in the future should Leeds get promoted to Premiership soon.

hopefully get hooper to replace him but unlikely. I would settle for Sharpe. Apparenly we're close to signing Hulse again. I would love to see him back but he's not a goal scorer, he's more like Becchio which confuses me a little. Maybe Hulse will be the 1st choice with Becchio a very solid backup. All I can say to Beckford leaving is thanks for all the goals, especially the 1 against Man Utd and the 1 that got us up but I really don't think he's good enough for Prem but we'll see.

I see your concern Irish but that's why it's only a 2 year contract

I reckon he's taken a wage cut, a player like Kasper wants to be playing at his highest level possible if he wants to play for Denmark.

He was on £20,000 a week at Notts County but that's from when they had bucket loads of cash which they no longer have. That's the reason he was released and the reason Leeds were able to get him on free. I can't see Bates offering him £20,000 a week if he won't do the same for Beckford so he has to have taken a wage cut IMO

I rate him, especially at Championship level.

I think he'll be fine, and you'll get a good look to see if you think he'll cut it in the PL if you manage another promotion within a few seasons.

He was on £20,000 a week at Notts County but that's from when they had bucket loads of cash which they no longer have. That's the reason he was released and the reason Leeds were able to get him on free. I can't see Bates offering him £20,000 a week if he won't do the same for Beckford so he has to have taken a wage cut IMO

He was on a maximum of £17k a week, but that's only if you include bonuses. His basic wage was actually under £12k.

I have to say this but the amount of replies to this thread is great, especially since this is my first thread I've opened on this site. I was expecting barely any replies but this is great, especially the number of replies by none Leeds fans. It's reassuring to see the vast majority of people agreeing that he is a good signing, hopefully he will prove us right :) MOT!

Here is a video on facebook from the official group of Kasper. Is a video compilation of a lot of his saves

Last edited:
Back