KDaniel Philosophy, Barcelona Homage.

KevweDaniel

Reaction score
This is my first ever thread and I'm not sure how to do this, but basically I was watching the classico and was kinda inspired to try make my own Barca formation, but seeing as I was using Tottemham and had different players I thought let me attempt the Barca style with a twist, this led to the birth of "Sexy Football". Before creating this I downloaded a few of the tactics on here and read that Raikan's possession guide thing and kinda got some ideas from that. Then I decided to give it a shot

I have created a possession based tactic with 65% Possession average, and atleast 4 CCC's with the player in the Xavi Position getting 70+ passes plus team average of 90% passing. Took me hours and hours of research and tinkering but I've finally created my version of Pep's Barca formation. I present KDaniel's "Sexy Football"

Quick Notes
Goalkeeper: Sweeper Keeper, has to be good with his feet
Fullbacks: Suggest they are quick
Centrebacks: Well to be honest they hardly defend when 70% of the time they're playing in the oppositions half, I'd suggest one out and out defender (Vidic, Puyol, Terry) and the ball playing one (Ferdinand, Pique, David Luiz etc..)
Anchorman: His job is simple, get the ball and pass, keeps possession going. He is also pretty handy when defending.
Deep playmaker: the "Xavi" position, he is going to control the game, dictating the tempo from midfield, good passer is essential. Expect to midfield mastery from whoever you play here, a patient passing game as well some beautiful triangles and through balls.
Advanced playmaker: passing is very useful and I like have a player with good acceleration here to break from midfield. His duties include helping the other midfielder dominate the midfield playing triangles, patiently passing till a gap appears in the defence then that clinical through ball comes!
Inside Forwards: Should probably be skillful and quick, in the tactic they get involved in the build up, they offer the short pass into midfield then start making those dangerous runs which confuse defenders and these moves usually lead to CCC's ,remember Right foot on left wing and vice versa.
Striker: I wont say its a false 9 striker like Messi, but hey its Sexy Football so my striker will offer goals goals goals!! That I will promise, this tactic works better for mobile strikers who can pass.

In my opinion the beauty of the tactic is that I dont really need to focus on the defence because when you have all of the ball there is no need to defend, as a result you end up with a ridiculous amount of clean sheets in a season!

I suggest using maximum pitch size available, I let the assistant handle the opposition instructions, and I have found that my team talk really really affects the way my team play! I know its obvious but I suggest looking at a guide on Team talks to get the most out of this guide.

View attachment 217849
View attachment 217825 View attachment 217826 View attachment 217827 View attachment 217828 View attachment 217829 View attachment 217830
View attachment 217840View attachment 217841View attachment 217842 View attachment 218637View attachment 218638View attachment 218639View attachment 218640View attachment 218641View attachment 218642

P.S. please feel free to tell me if I'm the only one getting these stats or eve
n offer me ways to better it, constructive criticism please! Ohh and by the way as you can tell I have gone ahead into the year 2018 and I've kind of replaced the squad with some promising regens - just in case you were wondering.

Note:
The tactic is for the 12.0.4 patch

Last edited:
If you want some feedback matey, I suggest Adding more to your OP.

For example some Screenshots of the tactic, Players, Statistics to back up your comments.
Use the Prnt Sc button at the Top right of the keyboard and Paste them to Paint. To upload them Just Use the little Button that looks like a Picture on the above line where it has the font, size, colour etc its the right icon beside the World with a cross on it.

The Quick notes are great, but add what pitch size you recomend, Any touchline instructions, oposition instructions if you use them.

Also mention what your tactic is, IE 442, 451 and some info on why you decided to use it.

Some Constructing Critisim, Im sure if you do the above, you will get more downloads and more feedback :)

best of luck

I'm not sure but I think its the 12.0.2 patch, and the screenshots are on the way I was excited and wanted the get the tactic out there but I'll back it up with screenshots soon

I usually have it Average, Attacking Movement. In preseason I had it on High, Teamwork

You beat me to it mate!

After watching the Real v Barca game i decided to create a tactic trying to emulate the way barca play and to be fair i have got pretty close, but there are a few things i am missing:

- having the playmaker to have 100+ passes
- having lots of passes

Just to let you know i am using barca and i know what people will say, managing barca is easy but its really not that simple. Play with a bad tactic and setup and you will know about it! believe me it's happened to me many times most recently with my chelsea, real madrid and barca, but thats all part of the experiance and i think i am better at creating tactics now!

Back to the tactic now, i wanted to use barca because it allowed me to analyze each position because i knew how each player should perform after watching barca alot in the last few years. I am top of league (p13,w13) i have completely dominated the league as barca should do. I have had a few draws in europe but i am only in october so the tactic is still gelling with is very important for these type of tactics. Barca didnt play sexy football straight away, it took a while so give it a season at least. To be honest i dont know if my tactic will improve but we'll have to wait and see!

I will start a thread soon with my tactic and more info but i want to finish the season with barca and try it with another club, im thinking swansea to avoid getting shat on by people saying my tactic is useless because i using the best team on the game.

I'm not sure but I think its the 12.0.2 patch, and the screenshots are on the way I was excited and wanted the get the tactic out there but I'll back it up with screenshots soon

So this is without the latest patch ? If so, perhaps putting this in the OP would be good as that patch is heavily flawed, making it too easy to win matches.

Cheers

Sorry mate I meant 12.0.4 the newest one, I thought the 0.2 one was the newer one.

Sorry mate I meant 12.0.4 the newest one, I thought the 0.2 one was the newer one.

Ummm If I recall correctly there was a major patch after that ( 12.1 ) and a subsequent, Minor one which is patch 12.1.1 . So 12.0.4 isn't the newest .

Okay, I'm a few patches I see then, I'll have to update my tactic for the new one, and the formation is my version of a 4-1-2-2-1

Back