Keeping my laptop cool.

Reaction score
Hi everybody,im thinking of getting a laptop cooler as ive heard you can get one,but can anybody reccomend one specifically? As when i play FM12 the laptop seems to get extremely hot.

Suggestions??

you get what you pay for, just remember that.

I had one that was cheap and one that was medium priced.

The cheap one was frickin awful and the other one did it's job.

How are you using your laptop? If its on your lap (or bed like i use mine) then it may just need more air around it. I use a tray that lifts it up so air can get around it and mines fine. May be cheaper than buying a cooler

Try a coolpad. Try to avoid using it on your lap if you can, and don't use it on your bed or anything of that ilk. You need a hard surface so the laptops can get above it and cover itself in air and vent out heat.

Try a coolpad. Try to avoid using it on your lap if you can, and don't use it on your bed or anything of that ilk. You need a hard surface so the laptops can get above it and cover itself in air and vent out heat.

Or in the bath... You would have thought I would learn afer the first time....or the second.

How are you using your laptop? If its on your lap (or bed like i use mine) then it may just need more air around it. I use a tray that lifts it up so air can get around it and mines fine. May be cheaper than buying a cooler
Well i tend to use it with some very small pieces of wood underneath it to elevate it up a bit at the moment just a short term solution until i get a cooler or something similar

Well i tend to use it with some very small pieces of wood underneath it to elevate it up a bit at the moment just a short term solution until i get a cooler or something similar

Are you playing on a bed or a hard surface like a desk? A laptop is always going to get hot, since the components are in a much tighter space than a desktop, thus less room for the heat to dissipate effectively. As long as your laptop isn't shutting itself down from overheating it's fine, the manufacturers build them knowing their max power output and design them so that it can comfortably run at the maximum temperature the components can create.

Are you playing on a bed or a hard surface like a desk? A laptop is always going to get hot, since the components are in a much tighter space than a desktop, thus less room for the heat to dissipate effectively. As long as your laptop isn't shutting itself down from overheating it's fine, the manufacturers build them knowing their max power output and design them so that it can comfortably run at the maximum temperature the components can create.
Yeah i usually sit it on a small desk or sometimes in the kitchen on the worktop,although i would like to place something under it though.Now i know that it heats up without doing damage is fine then.

Yeah i usually sit it on a small desk or sometimes in the kitchen on the worktop,although i would like to place something under it though.Now i know that it heats up without doing damage is fine then.

Try getting some software to measure the temp. as well.

Back