Kenco's World League - FM12

• Thread starter Thread starter Kenco
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 8K

Kenco

Reaction score
If you've read my thread over on the SI community, then you'll know what this is about. If not, here is a little intro.

I've been working on a World League since release day, and today it's ready for release. I have created an 8 tier World League comprising 50 divisions and 800 teams. All teams retain their original nationality and still compete in domestic competitions. 66 nations have had their league structures rebuilt to allow the World League to fit into the calendar.

The 66 domestic leagues now have just 8 teams in their top division, playing each other twice for a 14 game season, running from August to November. In late November the World League takes over, with 16 teams playing each other twice for a 30 game season until May. There is also a cup competition, in the style of the English FA Cup, for all 800 teams. Continental competitions continue as normal, while top flight teams from many of the domestic leagues no longer play in their domestic cup due to their busy fixture schedule.

World League structure:

- Gold League - 16 team division, with the best teams from each continent
- Silver League - 16 teams
- Bronze League (2 divisions) split roughly into East and West hemispheres. The West divisions contains teams from England, Spain, France and the Americas, with the East division is packed with teams from Germany, Italy, Russia and Asia.
- Super Leagues (4 divisions) Europe, America, Africa, Asia/Oceania
- A Leagues (6 divisions) West Europe, East Euope, North America, South America, Africa, Asia/Oceania
- B Leagues (6 divisions) as above
- C Leagues (10 divisions) more regional splits
- D Leagues (20 divisions) even more...

The English league now has an Elite division of 8 teams, followed by North/South split divisions. The other domestic leagues have not been structured in quite so much detail, but have been given the same transfer windows and rules to ensure a level playing field for teams in the World League.

The World Leagues are set up under the secondary divisions tab within the reworked English structure, which is why teams keep their nationality.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION - MUST READ

There should be 66 files in the zip file (which is available in the downloads section of this site), you need to extract them all to:
User \ Documents \ Sports Interactive \ Football Manager 2012 \ editor data

Start a new game

Ensure that all 66 files are enabled, and any other editor data file you have must be disabled

At the nation select screen, you must select England and go all the way down to the bottom level (Regional Premier Divs). Failure to do so will end up with a crash

Choose any other leagues to go with this, except Turkey, South Korea or Malaysia. These have not been changed and will just be the default league structures, which may or may not work with the World League. All other league systems have been edited to work in conjunction with the World League and you will need to load the domestic league of any team you want to manage

Select your team. Please note that not all teams are in the World League and if they aren't to start with, they never will be. The 800 teams selected will always be the same. The best thing to do to ensure your chosen team is in, is to look at their fixture list before you confirm.

I think I've covered everything for now, but please let me know if I've missed anything out, it's been a stressful day!!

Last edited:
Hi. I have holidayed for 6 months. I love the idea in general but there are a few problems if you want to be a team in the championship or lower. Your season is effectively over after december. I understand that you are probably thinking of the relegated premiership teams who would still play in the world league while in the championship. There is no real reason for league 1 and lower to be split though. The obvious other problem is promoted teams not being in the world league. I am guessing the leagues being split up is to stop fixture congestion but my personal opinion would be that if the world leagues were smaller (or more regions) and the "normal leagues" were bigger (not full size tho), this would be fairer on the non-world teams.

Are there any plans to create more lower leagues in the world system to incorporate more teams?

Thanks

The schedule is designed to suit teams entered in the World League and if you want to manage a team not in it, then you are better off with the default database.

The splits in Leagues 1 and 2 are in case big teams get relegated that far down, so their fixtures don't get too congested.

There is no way to get teams to qualify for the WL. If they are not in at the start of the game, they never will be. I am planning to add another tier or two in the future, possibly even creating large pools of teams in an inactive division so teams can get promoted into the bottom level. This way, if a non WL team rises up through their domestic league and becomes a major team, it's likely that their rep increase will give them a better chance of promotion from the inactive league.

I've made some changes to the files in the link above due to youth players going missing, I will upload the updated files to this site later today over in the downloads section.

Good League

followed instruction to the letter, played game with WHU got promoted from both leagues, was asked to go for British Olympic squad.

Then on the 1st of june 2012 crash dump

Treid going on holiday but still crash

Good League

followed instruction to the letter, played game with WHU got promoted from both leagues, was asked to go for British Olympic squad.

Then on the 1st of june 2012 crash dump

Treid going on holiday but still crash

Are you sure you've followed the instructions exactly?

I only ask because I've tested it thoroughly and the file has been downloaded almost 400 times and nobody else has reported it to crash.

Any chance of an update for this to work with 12.2? This is a great scenario and I was really having fun with it:-)

I've done an update with some new leagues, revamped continental and world competitions and a number of fixes for things like transfer windows and prize money, but it will still only work with the default database, not 12.2.

Not put a download on here yet, but it's available in my thread over on the SI Community Forum.

Back