Kenwright To Leave Moyes To Decide His Own Future

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 995

Can David Moyes succeed at Manchester United if he went?

• Yes

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
Bill Kenwright has revealed, that if Manchester United ever came in for David Moyes, he would not stand in his way. He also revealed, that Moyes had done a remarkable job in charge of Everton, given the financial constraints the club has experienced.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6807638,00.html

I think its safe to say, that if he ever did go there, he would do a more remarkable job than he has done at Everton due to one factor-funds. He has shown he is more than capable of building a winning squad, and discovering absolute gems with such a small amount of cash. I for one, as an extremely loyal Everton fan, would not begrudge him such a move.

as a united fan i would be proud to have him succeed SAF

He is awesome manager and has done brillant for Everton but Im unsure on if I could see him at a bigger team. What if the same thing happened to him like Roy Hodgson?

He is awesome manager and has done brillant for Everton but Im unsure on if I could see him at a bigger team. What if the same thing happened to him like Roy Hodgson?

Don't think that'll happen to be honest. The Roy Hodgson thing backfired, because in my opinion the board panicked a bit and were hasty. Moyes will have no such problems. And as a few people mentioned few days ago, he didn't re-adjust his system/tactical approach.

Last edited:
Moyes is a superb manager, I'd love him at United. Definitely proven he has the loyalty to stick at it in the long term, has proven he can work under relative financial constraints and he's highly intelligent. Gief.

Scotland has a nack at producing talented managers. SAF, Moyes, Mcleish...

Moyes is the best manager in the EPL bar Fergie so as a united fan i couldn't complain..

Oh, and hopefully Rodwell will be working under him again in a few years. ;)

And another question is how Everton will cope after Moyes (If he does leave).

We won't simple as. Who'd want to take over a club that can't get money to buy new players? Very few

Last edited:
For the last few years he's been the one person that I want to replace Sir Alex. He is 90% the reason why I follow Everton, I feel he's a truly class mass manager

I thought he was older. Googled him, and he is 47! A suprise to me tbh. :D

Yes he could..because he is not too old. He is younger than Mourinho?...weird. He looks 2x older tbh.

Shouldn't this be on the england thread?

Last edited:
Would love him at United after SAF..

May take a little while to settle in properly (as did SAF), but once he gets up and running - we'll be just as good as always.

Good manager, but is he up for the task of replacing Sir Alex, has he got the arrogance to do it, Replacing Sir Alex is different from managing Manchester united. For me he hasnt got it in him, maybe he replaces who ever replaces Sir Alex?

I thought he was older. Googled him, and he is 47! A suprise to me tbh. :D

Yes he could..because he is not too old. He is younger than Mourinho?...weird. He looks 2x older tbh.

Shouldn't this be on the england thread?

Mourinho hasn't been managing Everton for all this time..

Good manager, but is he up for the task of replacing Sir Alex, has he got the arrogance to do it, Replacing Sir Alex is different from managing Manchester united. For me he hasnt got it in him, maybe he replaces who ever replaces Sir Alex?

Used to say it'd take a man of a certain ego to replace SAF, but then, how many actually do? Mourinho maybe, and chances are he wouldn't be here long term.

Would prefer Moyes who's going to stick at it through thick and thin, rather than a few more years of success with Mourinho (Although I have no doubt Moyes would be hugely successful too.)

Used to say it'd take a man of a certain ego to replace SAF, but then, how many actually do? Mourinho maybe, and chances are he wouldn't be here long term.

Would prefer Moyes who's going to stick at it through thick and thin, rather than a few more years of success with Mourinho (Although I have no doubt Moyes would be hugely successful too.)

I see what you mean, Jose is defo the man with the Ego. Maybe just maybe we look into a Jose/ Ole combination and when jose decides to pack it up, 5 years in, Up stands the ultimate super sub. :)

Last edited:
Scotland has a nack at producing talented managers. SAF, Moyes, Mcleish...

Meh, we need something since we can't seem to play the game.

One of those things eh? depends on who they appoint I guess. It could work out for the better having a fresh approach.

# # #

I can't see Moyes being offered a top job, which is a shame. In my opinion he has done a pretty impressive job at Everton. The football might not be good to watch but it's effective.

His job gets harder and harder the more other clubs like Sunderland, Man City and Aston Villa spend. Makes me wonder how bad Everton's debt are? considering the money available in England and the large fanbase.

Meh, we need something since we can't seem to play the game.

One of those things eh? depends on who they appoint I guess. It could work out for the better having a fresh approach.

# # #

I can't see Moyes being offered a top job, which is a shame. In my opinion he has done a pretty impressive job at Everton. The football might not be good to watch but it's effective.

His job gets harder and harder the more other clubs like Sunderland, Man City and Aston Villa spend. Makes me wonder how bad Everton's debt are? considering the money available in England and the large fanbase.
their situation is dire. stann made a thread recently showing their finances.

Everton,can play good stuff when their players are fit, but moyes spends most of his time having to cobble together sides and game plans

When it comes to Jose, if Man City dispensed with the services of Mancini, he'd prob go there, due to the near infinite funds available.

And the debts are pretty much bad. If I'm not mistaken, a financial expert said that if the club did get relegated in its current state, and didn't get promoted again straight away, the club would pretty much implode with a high chance of liquidation. That's how bad it is. And I admit I was surprised by Moyes age. Saying that he's probably that ****** stressed with everything, he ages about 5 years each match lol

Back