Key attributes for players (newbie questions)

ricky77

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I am new to FM 2012, was bought it as a b'day present and am loving it!! I was hoping for some help though with the game.

1. I can't see anywhere that shows the most necessary attributes for the different types of players (central defender, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder etc)? Does anyone know/

2. Sometimes, will see a player who has high attributes but is given a low value and my scout also say he is average, yet someone will lower attributes will have a higher value and more stars? Anyone know why/

3. If i want my scouts to be able to look in other countries apart from UK, do I need to add the foreign leagues? I'm not sure what benefit adding the foreign leagues give the game player? Could someone explain?Does it mean their players are included too?

4. Often I get the message saying we are playing poorly in a game due to rubbish passing. How do I fix that?

5. I see the squad size is max 25. What do I do with extra players I have?

1. I can't see anywhere that shows the most necessary attributes for the different types of players (central defender, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder etc)? Does anyone know/

On the players attribute screen on the right hand side click show key attributes and change it to the position you are playing him

2. Sometimes, will see a player who has high attributes but is given a low value and my scout also say he is average, yet someone will lower attributes will have a higher value and more stars? Anyone know why/

Scouts normally go on potential, so although his stats arent great just now they will get better and better

3. If i want my scouts to be able to look in other countries apart from UK, do I need to add the foreign leagues? I'm not sure what benefit adding the foreign leagues give the game player? Could someone explain?Does it mean their players are included too?

You can scout anywhere if your board let you, and yes it will load up more players from that league /country

4. Often I get the message saying we are playing poorly in a game due to rubbish passing. How do I fix that?

Play short passing and it will make your players play more simple passes straight to a teammate, or just sign better passers :p

5. I see the squad size is max 25. What do I do with extra players I have?[/QUOTE]

Loan out, sell, put in reserves

Thanks a lot!

"1. I can't see anywhere that shows the most necessary attributes for the different types of players (central defender, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder etc)? Does anyone know/

In terms of this, is it printed out anywhere that I can refer to? This would be really helpful when looking to buy new players!