Key duo 'not for sale' - Hodgson

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 774

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson insists captain Steven Gerrard and striker Fernando Torres are 'not for sale'.

More...

Well, obviously they aren't for sale, but I think at the end of the day, it wont be Hodgson's decision if they leave (or rather, when). The owners will just be too money-hungry...

Gerrard won't leave... he's been at liverpool too long and still yet to win the premier league!

Mascherano will be heading off. I think everyone has given up on the idea of him sticking around.

As for these two, I think if one of them goes, the other follows.

What else will he say to the media.......as said already ultimatley its out of his hands

everyone has a price woy, even though injury prone torres would be a risk for clubs to buy.

no he was injured cause Benitez rushed him back,at Chelsea we have enough quality players to let Torres have a full rest unlike Liverpool:D

no he was injured cause Benitez rushed him back,at Chelsea we have enough quality players to let Torres have a full rest unlike Liverpool:D

yer but i like singing lady boy to him haha.

Untrue. Last season the papers were criticising Benitez for not playing him sooner and being too careful in trying to manage his injury so they can't have it both ways. He had an existing problem which he made worse during his spare time and which then required an operation sooner than was anticipated.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Just read the transcript. Hmm, so Mr.Hodgson has a quick chat with Nando, and then leaves while Purslow and Nando do the big boys chat about what's happening with him. Interesting.

Torres will leave, cos he wants glory, especially after winning the World Cup with Spain + Gerrard will never leave. On the other hand, Mascherano will go, he wants to reunite with old gaffer Benitez.

We've heard 'He's not for sale' so many times, yet it's often the case that those involved end up getting sold anyway.

Gerrard won't leave because he's getting old and no-one wants him. Torres will probably leave but Liverpool think he's worth more than he is. They should just cash in now, like they should've with Gerrard a couple of seasons ago.

Mascherano - Most Liverpool fans I know are resigned to losing him, reports of him not answering Roy's calls etc, if he does stay there will be so much unrest it is unreal. Will definitely go. A tidy £30m in the owners back pockets.

Torres - I think he will give us one more season then assess from there, he is too loyal to join Chelsea/City I think, he would NEVER join Real Madrid and that leaves pretty much just Barca who have just had to take out a loan to pay wages etc...

Gerrard - Despite reports and cynical/ridiculous rumours, I don't think there's a chance of him leaving. I can see him staying put.

Hopefully.

Gerrard won't leave because he's getting old and no-one wants him. Torres will probably leave but Liverpool think he's worth more than he is. They should just cash in now, like they should've with Gerrard a couple of seasons ago.

He was linked with Chelsea in the transfer window of 04/05 and 05/06 (I believe) and since then he produced arguably his best Liverpool performances in the 08/09 season so how should have cashed in on him? I'd love to hear the response here.

Is that why Madrid want Gerrard?
He's OUR player, so we value him at whatever WE want to, why would we cash in Gerrard, have you seen how well he's done in the past five years (not including last season) ? We would have only got 30 M from Chelsea, Madrid would love to take him for that price, right now.

Neither are leaving, fact. Mascherano will, though.

Torres is wasting his career at Liverpool, he is 26 and has won nothing at club level, that is crazy for a player of his quality so if I was him I would force the club to sell me and would even insult Roy Hodgson to force him to sell me.

Back