Killed sparrow to go on display

Redders

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
A sparrow which was shot dead for knocking over 23,000 dominoes in the Netherlands is to go on display at Rotterdam's Natural History Museum.
The bird almost spoiled a televised world record attempt before it was killed with an air rifle.

The shooting caused a public outcry. Animal rights groups condemned the bird's killing last month and a website was erected in its honour.

On Friday, the bird's killer was fined for shooting a protected species.

Prosecutors said the exterminator who killed it should have known better and fined him 170 euros (£114; $200).

Freezer

The organisers argued the killing was justified, as more than 100 people had worked for a month setting up the dominoes, but they held a TV memorial for the bird.

They went on to topple about four million dominoes, claiming a new record - which still has to be verified by Guinness World Records.

The bird was kept in a government freezer after its killing became a criminal matter.

It will be placed on top of a box of dominoes in an exhibition on sparrows next year.

I posted because it made me chuckle :D :cool:

Criminal Matter ???

Must not be any murders or rape's or robberies over there if there wasting there time with a bird.

heard about this

but i wanna see the dominos !!

The company who made the dominoes will probably have provided them free :)

the bird's a legend, let it's domino knocking sole live on forever....