Embrace

Reaction score
Hi,

I've used the editor to change a club (from Basingstoke Town to Hassocks FC) and changed all the Kits.

Whenever I play a match, it always shows me as playing in the normal Basingstoke kit for some reason.
When the pre match comes up, it shows the Red (Hassocks) kits on the formation part, but the actual graphics still uses the Basingstoke Kit.

I loaded up the editor to see if I made a mistake, but it shows me using the yellow kit in pretty much most of the homes games, and even the away games.

Also, is there a way to change the Club Badge? It is currently showing Basingstoke town, but I would like it to show this one (Hassocks F.C. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

I've used the editor to change a club (from Basingstoke Town to Hassocks FC) and changed all the Kits.

Whenever I play a match, it always shows me as playing in the normal Basingstoke kit for some reason.
When the pre match comes up, it shows the Red (Hassocks) kits on the formation part, but the actual graphics still uses the Basingstoke Kit.

I loaded up the editor to see if I made a mistake, but it shows me using the yellow kit in pretty much most of the homes games, and even the away games.

Also, is there a way to change the Club Badge? It is currently showing Basingstoke town, but I would like it to show this one (Hassocks F.C. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Thanks in advance :)

Firstly, to get logos for all the teams in England into your game, download this zipped folder from my Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjcjhm3msfkpcp6/England.zip?dl=0

With FM switched off, unzip this folder and then put it into this location (which should already exist among your files):
Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/graphics/Clubs...
If it asks if it's OK to overwrite an existing folder, click OK. Then, load up your FM game and you'll see all of the logos in place for every team in England - including a slightly modified version of the Hassocks logo (because your one is a bit ropey!)

View attachment 341071

By the sound of it, you have edited Basingstoke Town to turn them into Hassocks. Did you know that Hassocks are already in the game in their own right? You could have just swapped their division with Basingstoke in the Editor, couldn't you, and then play as Hassocks in a playable league?

But since you have already overwritten Basingstoke, once you have my folder among your files, you will need to swap the ID numbers on the logo files for Hassocks (5103776) and Basinstoke (5100151). REMEMBER to do this in both the ENGLAND folder and the ICON folder that is contained within it. Then, in FM, go to the PREFERENCES option at the top right of the screen, select INTERFACE and click on RELOAD SKIN. It will take a few seconds to update but when it's done, you should find the Hassocks badge in place on your team.

That the kits are showing as Basingstoke rather than your edited version suggests that your save has not recognised your edited file, so I'm wondering whether you applied your amended database file properly during the initial set-up of your save. I did this in FM13 when playing as AFC Totton and had to create the game three times until I got it right. If it hasn't recognised your file then it's too late to change it there... BUT there is still hope, young Padawan!

Download this (you'll have to create an account first, but it's free):
England - Barclays Premier League SS'14/15 Relink! (19/8/2014)
And put it here:
Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/graphics/Kits/SS Kits_Updated...

Then download this:
England - Premier League 3D'2014/15 New! (20/08/14)
And put it here:
Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/graphics/Kits/3D Kits...

Then, go here and request the SS style kit that you want for Hassocks:
SS Fantasy Kits ONLY Thread (NO REAL KITS) - Page 39

And when you have that kit (probably a couple days later) go here and request the 3D version of it:
3D Fantasy Kits Thread - Page 4

When you have both your SS and 3D versions of the kits:
- Put them into the corresponding Premier League folders (doesn't matter that Hassocks are not PL)
- Access the config files
- Copy and paste the last line of code
- Alter the details in your pasted line to show the file name of your new image file and the ID number of your Hassocks team (5103776 if it really is Hassocks or 5100151 if you've overwritten Basingstoke)
- You'll need a separate line of code each for the Home, Away and Third kit if you have one - copy the existing style of the config file.
- Save, then back to FM's PREFERENCES, INTERFACE and RELOAD SKIN to apply your new files to the game.

It may sound complicated but it's quite straight forward once you learn to navigate the files properly.

Last edited:
Wow, thank you so much for the great advice :)

I'll have a proper read through when I get home from work. Really appreciate your help!