Is everyone really finding FM 2014 so easy??

silverke

Reaction score
I read a thread here where someboy said that FM 2014 is to easy...

I for one am struggeling so hard to find my Arsenal side to even play one decent game.. Losing to premier league teams i can understand to some degree... totally getting bossed by D.C. United, Murcia or Tours FC just a little bit less..

Have restarted some times to try different tactic setups but nothing works..

4-4-2, 4-5-1,4-2-3-1,4-1-2-2-1....
Every different player role...

It looks like some people know somethings I dont..

Yh that it will take some time to find a right tactic, and for that tactic to gel, I understand. If that eventually leads to some defeats, its nothing more then logic. On the other hand, Arsenal should have no problem defeating a Spanish or French second division team. Whatever tactic they play...

You should be winning and winning early with Arsenal.

IMO a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-5-1 are ideal. Giroud can play as a TM/AF if you want to play quick and direct or a DLF if you want to maintain possession. Cazorla and Ozil are amazing as IF-S or IF-A or AP-S/A. Theo does a really good job as a winger, and arteta/ramsey/wilshere are very flexible in the central midfield. All 3 can play AP/DLP/BWM very well (ramsey is not preferred as a BWM).

The team can be very fluid as well, so take advantage of that.

I play a 4-2-3-1 and the location of the midfield pair changes based on home (as CMs) or away (as DMs).

fluid and control.

the small letter after the position like S is for support, etc...

FBs-----DCd-----DCd------FBs
-------REGs-------BWMd-------
Wa---------APa----------IFs----
------------TMa-----------------

will post SN later when I get home.

This game, just like the last few iterations, rewards consistency. So pick a tactic, make sure its fundamentals are correct in pre-season or by posting it, then stick with it for a long time. of course you need 1 or 2 other versions for away games etc as well. but stick with those.

Start a save with arsenal that you dont intend to carry out and develop the tactic there.

Also, if you are unfamiliar with how stuff works (I was and did this) using the wizard's suggestions and roles can be a great way to start. Sometimes really simple starting tactics work, especially wiht a team like arsenal

Thanks a lot mwhitehorn07!! When i'm back home i'll give it a try... I just knew something had to be wrong cuz Arsenal should indeed win! I did try those formations you posted but probably not with the right player roles. As a bwm i bought Lars Bender. He, despite my poor results, manages to play on a high level. When i'm home and gave it a try i'll post you some feedback! Thanks again!

It's definitely not the easiest FM I've played. I always go Celtic with my first save and the same as every year I reach the last 16 of the CL atleast and obviously run away with the league. Although this year, playing away from home in the league is much harder and I've lost to teams I just shouldn't have, the AI seem smarter and change to suit your tactics. But once you get a formation sorted, you'll be flying.