Know What You Mean, 'Arry

Jack Fulham

Reaction score
Where to start with 'Arry Redknapp's pre-derby press conference? Is it with the folly of saying you're catching up with Arsenal just months about they've thwacked you 3-0? Is it with the folly of saying you're making "massive strides" just days after losing to the worst team in the Premier League?

Mediawatch could start in any of those places but will instead highlight the following (cor blimey) quotes:

"We are much closer to Arsenal now and we'll be closer next year."

Now 'Arry's right to say that Tottenham will end the season closer to Arsenal than last season. But that's forgetting - and it's not like 'Arry to forget this - that Spurs had a horrendous start to last season that saw them garner just two points from eight games. It's far more revealing to look at the statistics from when 'Arry took over in October 2008. We won't bore you with the numbers but, lo and behold, the gap is increasing. What 'Arry's apparently failed to spot is that Arsenal have taken "massive strides" too.

"When everyone is fit we have a squad that can match Arsenal."

What about when everyone is fit for Arsenal, 'Arry? When the Gunners aren't missing Cesc Fabregas, Robin van Persie, William Gallas, Alex Song, Andrey Arshavin and Aaron Ramsey. You've picked the one team that will always, always have more injury problems than you.

"At the start of the year, who would have seen us fourth, compared to the likes of Liverpool and Man City with their resources?

You spent over £70m in two transfer windows, 'Arry. Only Manchester City spent more in the whole of the Premier League.

"We've improved, look at our players like Gareth Bale. Is there a better left back in the country?"

An easy one, this. Yes - there's Ashley Cole and Patrice Evra for a start. And Gael Clichy on his day.

"We have had one defeat in 10 in the league."

This is just plain wrong, 'Arry. Although you would clearly prefer to forget, you have lost to Wolves and Sunderland in the last ten Premier League games.

Apart from all that, it was solid stuff.

Taken from Media Watch on http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/0,17033,8749_6092826,00.html

Harry Redkmapp crook. idiot, big ego, moron. what more can i say

Laughed quite a bit at this, he's in his own little world sometimes.

Lol.XD Is it just me or do you really hate Spurs, Harry Redknapp, Chelsea, and John Terry.

Harry Redknapp - once a ****, always a ****.

I like him as a manager, but he's a big gay **** as a person.

Lol.XD Is it just me or do you really hate Spurs, Harry Redknapp, Chelsea, and John Terry.

Mehh, I don't mind Chelsea, our fans are very fickle about you despite the fact that you don't see us as rivals. I hate John Terry though (6)

Spurs, well I can't stand them, am just posting what I come across really.

Love it Jack :D

Shame that the press won't pick up on this - he's well loved is Arry, always generous with his time for the press. Always there for a comment. Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours, know what I mean 'Arry? ;)

Have you ever come across the Harry Redknapp flow diagram - created by a Spurs fan

harry-redknapp-flow-chart1.jpg

If that is too big just looking it here.

in fairness, Bale has been very good this season. he's probably at the level of Clichy.

At the end of the day, everyone knows Redknapp is a ****.

Then again, we are closer to Arsenal this year than we have been since Martin Jol. Though that was not very long ago at all. I won't be happy until we're regularly able to compete with them in the league.

Regarding Gareth Bale, I would argue that he's one of the best full-backs in the country right now. Cole is currently injured so he's not in contention, and the only one I'd put ahead of him at the moment is probably Evra when he's on top of his game. Clichy has been lacking for a while now.

You seem to have a bit of a vendetta against Redknapp, Jack. Any reason why?

Me a Vendetta, I love old twitch (A)

About Bale, I wouldn't call him a full back, more of a winger in my view, Spurs will be terrifying once you are able to field Bale on the left and Lennon on the right. Bale can't defend but he is amazing going forward, he also has an excellent turn of pace.

I prefer Bale in the full-back role as he has electric acceleration and the ability to overlap with the corresponding winger while maintaining the pace if he needs to get back and defend.

Plus we have Kranjcar/Modric who play well on the left-wing, and only BAE for left-back who has been kept out of the team since Bale's return to prominence.

Back