There is a noticeable gab between our midfield and our forwards

coneill659

Reaction score
There is a noticeable gab between our midfield and our forwards

This message comes up in assistance advice when I play a attacking 3-4-3 formation with very quick tempo, width and max creativity

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

It means your defence is to deep maybe and your midfield is attacking. So you can either push your defence up further or play an anchor man.

My defense is pushed up to maximum and I'm playing an offside trap

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Its a gap between midfield and attack that is the problem, but i play the same midfield instructions with a 4-4-2 formation and this problem does not occur.

I usually ignore it, as it usually is jibberish. Just focus on the stats and player reports and it'll be fine.

Sorry I miss read. Maybe it's because your are playing really fast football and they ain't getting up in time to support. Have you got a man in the hole between your attack and midfield to link up the play?

I usually ignore it, as it usually is jibberish. Just focus on the stats and player reports and it'll be fine.

Agree with this. Had this appear a few times, even with a 4-0 lead, and there has been no gap whatsoever.

I wouldn't worry about a gap between the midfield and the forwards, it might effect your attack a bit and the best way to fix it is to have one of your forwards drop into the hole.

The one that is more problematic is the gap between midfield and defensive which allows an opposition player to sit in the whole and spray threatening passes all over the field.

I don't know if I should start a new tread here or not but does anyone know of a really good high tempo, creative 3-4-3 formation that I could download and compare my formation to?

Cheers :)

Last edited:
maybe you can show the screenshot of your tactic so that more of us can help?

Any more idea why I can't keep possession/gap between midfield and attack/create enough chances with the above tactics?

Thanks =)

Well, you don't have DMC and all your midfielders are pushing up with forward runs: often. I would consider to assign one of CM's defensive role (lower mentality, rarely forward runs) to prevent huge gap when you losing ball.

You can also try putting the mentality for one of your striker lower so that he can link up with the midfield to support the attack... You will also need a holding midfielder to bridge between the midfield and the defense to cut down the gaps between..

I put all the players to make runs from deep to try to close the gap between forwards and midfield. I do usually play with a defensive central midfielder or a central midfielder with neutral settings.