• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Liverpool defender Sotirios Kyrgiakos signs for Wolfsburg on a two-year contract.

More...

Erm. Aren't Liverpool a little short on CBs now? Skrtel, Carragher, Agger... Who else?

Erm. Aren't Liverpool a little short on CBs now? Skrtel, Carragher, Agger... Who else?

Agger, Skrtel, Carra, Kelly, and maybe Andre Wisdom.

EDIT: Oh, and Danny Wilson. Hopefully Agger stays fit, <3 Agger.

Last edited:
Cooooooool. But just to check - Arsenal are in crisis, yes?

Just to check: Liverpool do actually have some points this year, yeah?

So do we ;) We have one!

@Mads - I just find it ironic that everyone is keen to point out Arsenal's trophy drought and an apparent "mass exodus" and how that means Arsenal are in crisis, yet you look at Liverpool... Not a dig at Liverpool by any means, just a dig at the pundits/journalists/fans seem to attack Arsenal/Wenger but ignore the Liverpool situation.

So do we ;) We have one!

@Mads - I just find it ironic that everyone is keen to point out Arsenal's trophy drought and an apparent "mass exodus" and how that means Arsenal are in crisis, yet you look at Liverpool... Not a dig at Liverpool by any means, just a dig at the pundits/journalists/fans seem to attack Arsenal/Wenger but ignore the Liverpool situation.

Problems at Arsenal >>>>> Problems at liverpool in all fairness. But what do you expect from the press? they are idiots

To be fair, although I doubt you meant it like that but it sounds very bitter and jealous.

We aren't 'on the rise' ad much as everyone makes us out to be, but I'd say we're currently (form is temporary though) doing better than you.

We've got Carra, Agger, Skrtel, Kelly, Wisdom, Sterling and some other youth/**** but I think we need to buy. Cahill, Jagielka (unlikely), Dann, etc. I don't mind but we do need better players and depth in defence, especially CB.

YNWA, come on King Kenny, go and sign a top class defender!

rumors that Liverpool are going for Sebastián Coates, the Uruguayan CB.

or possibly Gary Cahill

Last edited:
Coates in to replace Krygiakos, aerial defender for aerial defender.
Carragher-Agger-Skrtel-Coates-Wilson-Kelly-Wisdom, no worries.

Bid made re;Coats=The Times.

Last edited:
Kyri was a player I always liked, never put in a bad shift.

Came in as emergancy £2m signing, does his job no fuss.

Always got stuck into Everton too, which was nice.

Which now means the likes of Danny Wilson and Co. will have a better chance in the rotational system that Dalglish will more-than-likely deploy throughout the entire season. Giving him league experience and a possible loan-out if required will definitely be a good step for him.

Should sign Coates I hope he acts as our no. 3 at CB, Carra - Agger as the usual pairing. Agger - Coates seems like it would work on paper, Coates's reading, along with physica presence an Aggers composed ball playing nature.

Kenny..sign him up.

I liked Kyrgiakos I thought he always did his job well and he was a brilliant 4th choice CB and he was cheap too, fair play to the lad if he wants to play more first team football but at the moment his aerial dominance will be missed but hopefully Coates or Cahill will come in

Solid defender but one who you always thought was going to make a mistake at any minute.

A solid defender who you worried was going to make a mistake at any minute? That's a new one. Loved Soto, always gave 100% and was brilliant for a period of his career here, all the best for him.

Regarding the shortage of centre-backs at the club, I am 95% sure that Kenny plans to bring a new one in, and I presume it'll be Coates, Dann or Cahill. How can someone compare a club who have lost their two best players to one who has just got rid of a bit-part defender in order to improve the squad?

Last edited:
A solid defender who you worried was going to make a mistake at any minute? That's a new one. Loved Soto, always gave 100% and was brilliant for a period of his career here, all the best for him.

Regarding the shortage of centre-backs at the club, I am 95% sure that Kenny plans to bring a new one in, and I presume it'll be Coates, Dann or Cahill. How can someone compare a club who have lost their two best players to one who has just got rid of a bit-part defender in order to improve the squad?

Like this: Liverpool > Arsenal.

Only joking....or am I ? ;):D

Back