lack of top quality players

• Thread starter Thread starter nomark
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 661

nomark

Reaction score
ive had a little look through the forum, haven't seen a similar topic, so thought id sign up and see what others say on the matter

my current save game is in the year 2031, im managing Tottenham Hotspur (after spells with Carshalton - BSS to BSP and Cheltenham - L2 to Prem) large database, only english leagues running

basically im having a bit of trouble finding top quality transfer targets - ive won the domestic treble two years on the trot and most players are considered 'available' by my assistant. now i rely mainly on my scouts as to which players are worth bidding for ie do they have 4 star + in ability or potential rather than to look at a players stats and make a judgment myself - for the last couple of seasons rarely do my scouts unearth players with anymore than 3.5 stars - which im not to keen on signing (only when i have great prospect a year or so away from the first team in the same position) - so is this just a pit fall of being an elite side ? that there are less players considered 4 stars because my team is so good (making the average players lesser rated)

ive got a pretty good quality squad of 25 ish 20 but my impressive prospects are reaching their potential and im struggling to find young players to replace them as back ups/prospects as they move in to the first team and replace the old guard

if i am to sign a player that has a potential of 3 or 3.5 stars is it possible that they will improve beyond those ratings ? thoughts ?

cheers

Yes, it is possible. Your scouts' views on a player do not necessarily reflect the exact PA of the player. It works both ways, though. A scout may rate him as 3.5 stars and his PA may be ****.

i guess there's already a thread going on how to spot/estimate players PA ?

if not any tips ?

Back