Laggy 3d Match Engine

• Thread starter Thread starter Montanaro
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4K

Montanaro

Reaction score
Hey guys, out of the blue one day, my 3d match engine went bonkers. When I go to a match, it's extremely laggy, and then it hangs up, the sound is still going, and there arn't any graphical glitches. The players will be frozen in whatever animation they were in. When I alt tab, and Ctrl+Alt+Dlt I see where my CPU was running 100%, and Fm was taking over 1 million kbs of memory. It is usually under that.

I have updated graphics (don't think it is that) and updated CPU drivers. I have gamebooster (works quite well with PES2010). I turned down my graphics to medium on FM, and I have a 4 star graphics rating. I never had any problems on FM09 or FM10.

I'm completely stumped, and not sure if I should reinstall FM or not.

Thanks for any help, :'(

I used to get similar problems, the 3D match engine slows down or even freezes I created a post about "How to increase football manager performance". Click on my site in my signature and then over to that article or click here If you do all of those it should make the 3D match engine become smoother and if it doesn't i'll try and think of other ways to improve your 3D match engine.

also go to preferences and untick show crowd and show stadium

I havn't done the unticking thing yet, but I've tried pretty much everything else. What I don't get is, why can I play it for months without a problem, with all graphics settings on, and now it essentially overloads my CPU.

A few days ago, I downloaded this AMD driver that let's the cpu adjust speeds to match your needs, but even after uninstalling that, the game still acts up.

Even turning off the crowd and sky, it still lags massively. Whenever I alt tab, there is a performance boost and they unlock for a split second as the game minimizes.

Last edited:
I havn't done the unticking thing yet, but I've tried pretty much everything else. What I don't get is, why can I play it for months without a problem, with all graphics settings on, and now it essentially overloads my CPU.

A few days ago, I downloaded this AMD driver that let's the cpu adjust speeds to match your needs, but even after uninstalling that, the game still acts up.

Even turning off the crowd and sky, it still lags massively. Whenever I alt tab, there is a performance boost and they unlock for a split second as the game minimizes.

Use a Anti-virus, and do a full, in-depth scan of your PC. Then, use a de-frag tool. Also, try this, its called Game Booster, and it does the job for me - HERE

Stuart, I already tried all that.

Even Game Booster? The long shot would be to copy all FM10 files you want to keep(saves, editor data, graphics) somewhere else, then reinstall. It could be a slightly corrupt runtime file or script that is causing it. Just make sure that everything you dont want to lose is backed up.

yeah, in my original post I mentioned using gamebooster. I guess it's looking like a reinstall for me.

Firstly, what Graphics card do you have?

I have updated drivers, the graphics card isn't the issue. I ran the game perfect since it came out. If it isn't something with the game being messed up, then it's something with my CPU.

Back