Lampard to miss Man City trip

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's game between Manchester City and Chelsea in the Premier League.

More...

Not suprising that Ramires is the man who has replaced him.
Chelsea team has been named already, this is how it looks:

Cech
Ivanovic - Alex - Terry - Cole
Mikel
Ramires - Essien
Malouda - Drogba - Anelka​

Cech
Mikel
Ramires - Essien

Pretty immense team even without Lampard.

This will be Chelsea's first real test. Yes, they have beaten what has been put in front of them but to tell the truth the teams have been dreadful.

Shouldn't miss Lampard to much.

Pretty immense team even without Lampard.

This will be Chelsea's first real test. Yes, they have beaten what has been put in front of them but to tell the truth the teams have been dreadful.

Shouldn't miss Lampard to much.

Powerful team indeed.

I wouldn't be surprised if City do take all three points, they always up their game when they play us, especially Tevez.

If we come away with a draw I'll be pleased but hopefully the lads will take their good league form into this one and get the three points.

Yeah the fixture list has been kind to us what can you do, contact the FA to complain? If we had dropped points against any of the teams we have played the media would have come down on us like a ton of bricks.

city have problems of their own, currently have three fit defenders

Cech
Mikel
Ramires - Essien

I love it.....Essien and Ramires have the pace to go from Box to Box so its unlikely that we will be short in attack or defence while Mikel will probs be a holding midfielder....I can see that Ashely Cole will be the main attacking threat down the left flank as Anelka is unlikely to hug the touchline and he will cut in while I Drogba is turn in a beast of a performance

Better for us really ! It will be a close game, but Carlitos will solve it ..

i really am worried about citys defence, it is down to Toure, Kompany and zableta( if you can call him a defender.) because of this Chelsea to win 3-1

i really am worried about citys defence, it is down to Toure, Kompany and zableta( if you can call him a defender.) because of this Chelsea to win 3-1
milner or barry at left back, chelsea are gonna hurt them

I can see Drogba really ripping through what will be a makeshift Man Cuty defence unless Richards recovers in time although he still wont be fully fit,I really fancy our chances for this match

thats just cruel, hes a good young player but thats throwing him to the dogs

not to keen either Milner/Barry on the left to be honest, Boyata is still a kid and if he makes an error, all eyes will be on top of him .. Hope he is tidy !

He has already played against United last season, I'm pretty confident based on what I have seen of him that he can step in to the team.

Lampard or no Lampard i'm sure Chelsea have enough quality in their ranks to smash Shity back to the stone age. Go on Chelsea ****** annihilate the bastards.......................ewwww i feel dirty and am in desperate need of a shower :P

He has already played against United last season, I'm pretty confident based on what I have seen of him that he can step in to the team.
yeah, and had a very tough game i remember, relied on kompany to bail him out a fair amount, though at his age no shame in that. but still its a big ask

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Lampard or no Lampard i'm sure Chelsea have enough quality in their ranks to smash Shity back to the stone age. Go on Chelsea ****** annihilate the bastards.......................ewwww i feel dirty and am in desperate need of a shower :P
language stevo

i think if we haden't of signed Ramires then it would have been a huge miss, But Ramires looks as if he has settled well into our system so touch wood he carries his form on. Nico Anelka to break Citys hearts.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

also everytime i see Carlo's press conferences it just makes me love the man more and more. After naming his starting 11 he paused and said ''good team ay''. I just love it.

I think this will be a draw, we up our game for Chelsea, but our full backs are all out, I want to see this team tomorrow

Hart
Boyata
Toure
Kompany
Zab
Yaya Toure
De Jong
Milner
Barry
A Johnson
Tevez

Im pretty confident with Citys full backs, i think on current form Anelka and Malouda will have a whale of a time. It will be an intresting battle watching Cole vs Johnson and see how Cole copes with him because Malouda dosen't really drop back to help him much. I just think with the form that Drogba is in he will relish this game and give the 2 centre backs proberly Toure and Kompany a torrid time. UTC!!!!

FFS Lampard, I need you fit for my fantasy football :'(

Back