laptop help

• Thread starter Thread starter jones18988
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5K

jones18988

Reaction score
hi all, i am not very good at picking out a good laptop and i am looking to get one for the new fm13.
any help would be great.
this is the one i have chosen i think

[TABLE="class: simpleTable"]
[TR]
[TD] Acer Aspire V3-571G 15.6" Laptop
Intel Core i7-3610QM (2.30 GHz, Turbo Boost up to 3.30 GHz, 1600 MHz, 6 MB L3 Cache memory)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Operating System[/TH]
[TD]Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]RAM[/TH]
[TD]8 GB
DDR3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Graphics card[/TH]
[TD]nVidia GeForce GT640M
2 GB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Screen resolution
[/TH]
[TD]1366 x 768[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Screen size[/TH]
[TD]15.6"[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Screen features[/TH]
[TD]Widescreen[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Hard drive[/TH]
[TD]1 TB (1,000 GB)
5400 rpm[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
would this run this game well?

So would that laptop run multiple leagues without a drop in speed and would the 3d match engine work well?

That spec would be good enough for most high graphic games to run.

I have a laptop that is close, but just off this spec... And I have 19 leagues from 7 different countries playing a speed of 3 start (overall computer speed rated 5 star), and everything is instant, even when playing in 2032.

You shouldn't have a problem with FM :)

Can you tell me which is most important for FM to run fast ? RAM, processor?

I have a computer with 5 years old and still runs smooth when not having the facepack...

As a computer mad techie i can tell you that that laptop will run FM very well.

A fast processor is the most important part for FM as a fast processor will get you through match days much much faster. Just make sure you have enough RAM to run FM and other programs if your multitasking. 4GB would be more than enough but 8GB of RAM is becoming the common size nowadays - well at least in the computer hardware world :P.

The only problem with that laptop is the low monitor resolution. While it wont matter much for FM, if you play other games the low resolution would affect graphic quality a lot. What's your budget because there may be similar specced laptops with a better screen resolution.

You shouldn't have a problem with FM :)

Can you tell me which is most important for FM to run fast ? RAM, processor?

Processor and clock speed(usually said after the processor eg. 2.3GHZ) Usually the top intel systems are best and anythoing below 2GHZ wont be great. But ram is important as you need at least 2 to run FM and you need extra if you plan to use additional programs at the same time such as internet, music etc. Id suggest at least 4GB ram

The only problem with that laptop is the low monitor resolution. While it wont matter much for FM, if you play other games the low resolution would affect graphic quality a lot. What's your budget because there may be similar specced laptops with a better screen resolution.

To be fair high resulotion laptops are thin on the ground except for apple/alienware and those are just freakisly expensive.
Different story if the guy was buying a desktop but for laptops the standard is 1366x768.
And for FM you dont really need higher resolution

To be honest I don't really play other games I will only be using it for fm and things like Internet and pictures. Thanks for the help

Hi,

I am currently in the need of a new laptop and my rather limited knowledge of computers has taken as fa as narrowing it down to a choice of 3. Firstly are these three laptops suited for what I need them for ( FM, streaming movies, downloading music etc etc) secondly if so how well will they run FM as my current laptop is very slow and takes me ages to complete a season and finally which one is better!! Thanks in advance for your help.

ACER Aspire E1-571 15.6" Laptop Deals | Pcworld

TOSHIBA Satellite L850-1WC 15.6" Laptop - White Deals | Pcworld

SAMSUNG Series 3 NP370R5E 15.6

Back