Scotty98TR

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a new laptop or desktop in the next few months, as my current one is sh*te graphically, and can barely play the 3D match-engine.

I will probably be able to spend £550-600, but obviously I would prefer to spend less, whilst still getting something capable of making the 3D match resemble something similar to a football match rather than a dodgy game of subbuteo!

P.S. would prefer it to be a laptop, but I am aware you can't get much for the money so it might have to be a desktop :/

For 600 quid you could get a pc that would eat any game at 50-60 fps. If you want i could do a suggestion for you? Would you build it yourself or have it pre built? Building yourself is actually pretty straight forward.

This would basically replace a console as it will handle a lot better than either Xbox1 or PS4. Add in the fact that games are cheaper and you dont have to worry about backwards compatibiltiy.

For 600 quid you could get a pc that would eat any game at 50-60 fps. If you want i could do a suggestion for you? Would you build it yourself or have it pre built? Building yourself is actually pretty straight forward.

This would basically replace a console as it will handle a lot better than either Xbox1 or PS4. Add in the fact that games are cheaper and you dont have to worry about backwards compatibiltiy.

Can you please recommend some desktops as i am looking myself.

MSI 970A-G43, AMD Sockel AM3+, ATX, DDR3|€
AMD FX-6300 Prozessor, Boxed, Sockel AM3+|€
Asus DRW-24B5ST Retail Silent|€
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 OC Windforce 2X, 2GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort|€
Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s|€
MS Windows 8 64bit (SB-Version) Englisch|€
be quiet! Pure Power L7 530 Watt|€
BitFenix Shinobi Midi-Tower USB 3.0 black, ohne Netzteil|€
8GB-Kit Kingston HyperX XMP PC3-12800U CL9-9-9-27|€
Shipping|€18.99
Total|€699.02
Total comes to €699.02 which equates to: £589.34
System also comes with a free pre order copy of Batman Arkham Origins with the graphics card. If you want it pre built they will do it for about £15. All delivered with UPS couriers and ordered off them several times and they are excellent

This would basically replace a console. Could make a PC just for running FM for about £100-150 less than that

Last edited:

Sorry for not replying, for some reason it didn't come up in my 'subscribed threads' thing. Think it'd have to be pre-built, as I don't really have the time at the moment :/

Just realised I had put no thought whatsoever into what kind of money I actually have, so what do you think I'd be able to get for £450-500 (If anything at all good enough).

I'd like to be able to play games on it, although I'd still get either an Xbox1 or PS4 at some point :)

Thanks in advance :)