laptop spec help

• Thread starter Thread starter gowzzer74
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

gowzzer74

Reaction score
Hi there.

Basicaly im looking to get a laptop to play fm15 but not sure what would run it smoothly or what to consider. Iv read that i5 processors will run the 3d pitch smoothly and 6gb ram is more then enough. Am i right in saying this?
I dont want to buy a new laptop for it not to perform as it should.
i usualy play 2 nations (scotland,england) with 4-5 leagues and 3d pitch with full high graphics.

Would a laptop with i5 intel core 4210u 1.75ghz processor, 6gb ram, 1tb 5400 sata hard drive, intel hd graphics 4400?

Thanks

The 3D mode seems somewhat badly optimized, or am I just missing something? My laptop with core i7, 8GB ram and geForce 640LE graphics card stutters badly with "high" 3D settings. Windowing the game made "medium" run smoothly, before windowing even that wasn't smooth. Has anyone else had these issues?

The 3D mode seems somewhat badly optimized, or am I just missing something? My laptop with core i7, 8GB ram and geForce 640LE graphics card stutters badly with "high" 3D settings. Windowing the game made "medium" run smoothly, before windowing even that wasn't smooth. Has anyone else had these issues?

Yeap, I have FX-6300 4.2 GHz + nVIDIA GTX650-ti + 8GB DDR3 and when I run on Very High details, it just seems very bad optimized. If I set graphics to High, it runs okay.

Ok thanks for the replies. Some of you say your 3d match engine doesnt run smoothly on high with an i7. Does this mean the i5 processor on the laptop im thinking about wont run smoothly unless its on low?

What sort of system would it take to be able to run all nations and leagues? With like 4* comp performance and game speed??

I have a cheap Acer laptop with a worse processor and only 4gb of ram. It runs the 3d of FM14 smoothly with the graphics at low.

Ok. I think im going to go for that one. From what everyone has said it should run well. Hopefully 5* performance and a smooth 3d match engine.

Thanks

A 5400rpm hard drive is kinda slow though, you might experience slow saving/loading, and slow reading/writing in general.

Back