Laws to remain as Burnley manager

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 659

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Burnley issue a statement officially denying manager Brian Laws's job is under threat.

More...

They cannot seriously want this guy in charge? oO)

They cannot seriously want this guy in charge? oO)

There was a meeting in which the boardroom was split. The deciding factor was Kilby (Chairman and majority shareholder) wanting him to have a chance with his own players next season.

There will do lots of transfer activity this summer, both Ins and Outs.

There was a meeting in which the boardroom was split. The deciding factor was Kilby (Chairman and majority shareholder) wanting him to have a chance with his own players next season.

whats your take on him staying?

Who do you think will leave? I'm assuming the likes of Eagles, Fletcher, McDonald etc.They are three great players though.

whats your take on him staying?

I can't honestly say I wanted him to start next season, but now he is, he has my full support.

Who do you think will leave? I'm assuming the likes of Eagles, Fletcher, McDonald etc.They are three great players though.

I don't understand why everyone rates Eagles bar the majority of Burnley fans. He has no end product, he is inconsistent and is known to throw a hissy fit or two. A decent enough Championship player, not much more. I expect him to leave and with only a year left on his contract anything north of £1m would be a bonus. I'd be happy to see him go.

McDonald is an extremely talented player and his future lies in the PL...but not just yet.
He is far from the finished article but his range of passing is superb and he seems to be able to glide past players despite his lack of pace. One thing he really needs to work on is his defensive side of his game, at times when we are chasing the ball he seems lazy and uninterested. An adjustment in his attitude wouldn't go amiss either, he was in papers not long ago for going to the pub after being subbed at H/T, and there have been plenty of other stories regarding him liking a drink or two. I think with the right coaching and having some decent people around him to keep him grounded, he will go far. I don't think he will leave.

Fletcher will be quality in the Championship, there will be plenty of interest in him in the summer but we don't need to sell, so it would take a silly offer to get him. It will all depend on whether he wants to stay. I'd say there is a chance he will go.

Caldwell and Jordan have already left after failing to agree new contracts, and I think Mears will stay in the PL, he's been great for us.

Last edited:
The guy at least deserves a chance, If come October Burnley are not where they should be then he will be gone, giving a new manager time to rebuild and salvage the season.

I personally think Burnley had very little chance this season with or without Laws. They did not overspend and will have made a bit of cash over the last year & with parachute payments, might be able to come back stronger?

I reckon Burnley will be there or there abouts with Laws next year.

Where should they be though.

They where not ready to come up. They wherent big enough yet, They squad wasnt good enough. they hadnt the funds either.

So i think just a top 10 next season would be alright. Just dont fall into the trap of the likes of leeds, Norwich, Southampton and CHarlton

He's a championnship manager, when they got him it was preparing for the inevitable

I think it's worth seeing how he'll do over a full season.

Am I right in saying that he only managed Wednesday for a short spell too?

He deserves his chance, he was given a job that Coyle was doing well with, but who knows if he would have kept it up?! He left on a high, which made him look brilliant, but Burnley may have still lost their way if he stayed, we will never know.

Brian Laws was given the job at Burnley because like 'Ride the Walrus' said, they were preparing Burnley for the inevitable relegation. Laws is a good Championship manager, and maybe with his own squad, own stamp on Burnley he could turn them round and get a direct return.

eddlad has the right idea, not his choice but will support him, its the way it has to be, so make the most of it! Only when he makes a mess of it linch him XD

Back