Reaction score
Hey, I'm thinking of starting a save as a League 2 side and get them up to the top flight but I need a few good suggestions for signings in the first season (any position will do) as I would want to strengthen my squad for a promotion push.

Hey, I'm thinking of starting a save as a League 2 side and get them up to the top flight but I need a few good suggestions for signings in the first season (any position will do) as I would want to strengthen my squad for a promotion push.

I have done 2 League 2 games now, both times with Gillingham.
I found 3 players that were amazing in league 2, all 3 were on loan.

I cant remember their full names though.
2 strikers - Obika & Dalla valle. I got both on loan for the season with no wages paid.
Both will get 20+ goals a season.
1 Midfielder - Dean Parrett from Tottenham i think. Hes a really good midfielder and cost nothing in wages on loan. You can sign him at the end of the first season for as little as £8k.

There was a left winger that i had as well, but i cant remember if it was in League 2 or League 1 when i got him.
He was also on loan. His name was something like Mingoia and was from Watford.

The best thing to do is get players on loan for the first season. Get some good scouting done during the first season and look out for players that are nearing the end of their contract and get them for free at the end of the season. I got promoted in my first year doing that, took me 3 seasons to get out of League 1 as well.

Obika on loan is a must. I was bristol rovers i got them to the prem in 4-5 seasons and he was absolute class for me. first season i signed :
.Neil Etheridge 10k
.Craig Forsyth loan
.David Lynch free
.Robert Maolney free
.Michael Woods free
.Matt Derbyshire loan
.Radek Cerny loan
.Anton Robinson loan
.Jonathon Obika loan
.Damien delaney Free

Good luck mate and yeah the best thing for lower league clubs are loan signings and free players.

I took Wycombe to the championship in 3 seasons

in first season in league two i signed;

Vincent Pericard (Free)
Samba Kanoute (Free)
Matt Derbyshire (Loan from Notts Forest)
Pierre Migoia, Matt Witchelow, Craig Forsyth (on loan from Watford)
Shaun Batt loan from millwall
Matt Doherty loan from wolves
Jordan smith (free) (ex swansea amazing)
other frees to look at who will be amazing for league two;
Alex Billington left back
Yann drais forward
Alex witham midfielder
Joseph debayou young defender
Emile Amenku midfielder

In my second season i got jake jervis on loan from birmingham also signed sam johnstone and vermaji from man united on frees, second season i survived relegation from league one then third season won playoff final.

I also used a few good players on free (end of contract signings in January) from Norway but i had the norwegian, swiss, danish leagus selected at start of game

as wycombe boss i also got jamie devitt (£0) Kyle Letheran gk (£0) tom clarke (£0) thses player sare all transfer listed at starts of the season and not needed by there clubs and are top editions for any league two or even some league one sides

i also made sure i got the best staff in i could at the right price, a very good scout and assistant manager, i got rob lee as my assistant and he is a big hit i also brought in claus lundekvam as scout very cheap but finds some good good players