League Rules - Help

• Thread starter Thread starter Borderlad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 926

Borderlad

Reaction score
Hi All

This year I decided to expand the lower levels of FM12 as I enjoy a big challenge, so far I am down to level 14 and was making great guns. However I have run into a problem, I am not certain whether it can be fixed.

The scenario (although abbreviated only contains 1 element for clarity)

Level 13
Northern Alliance Div 2
West Riding Div 2

Level 14
North Northumbria Div 1
Newcastle Corinthian Div 1
Tyneside Amat Div 1
West Riding Div 3

Now in normal circumstances 2 teams would get relegated/promoted between West Riding Divisions, thats easy.

Its the Newcastle, North Northumbria and Tyneside where I have the problem. These are feeder leagues to the Northern Alliance, normally by way of election. Now I know FM can't simulate elections, so my idea was to play-off these 3 divisions and replace the bottom team. However when i get it it says that the play-off must be divisble by the number of teams in the level.

I set up a level 14a for the 3 and put the play-off in, however it says its conflicting divisions for Alliance & Feeders, so I assume you can't promote/relagate more than 1 level, despite both comps levels being set to 14. Tried to set up a sub divsion within the sub level 14 sub division, but I am unable to do this or can't see a way.

The only way around this, which is unrealstic unless someone can point me in the right direction is to have Champions of West Riding auto promoted, 2nd place team joining the play-off with the other 3. This means in theory over time the West Riding Div 3 could grow in numbers as the 2nd place team fails on 50% chance of promotion.

The final issue, which is not so important, is when I include the rest of the nation, I can only make a national play-off, is there a way that I can only make the play-off regional.

I am assuming it can't be done, but I am hoping someone has a workaround.

Kev

Back