Leeds Utd - The Quest To Return To Former Glory

joe4820

Reaction score
images
Today is a historic day for Leeds United Football Club and after their recent relegation they have turned to relatively unknown Czech Manager Tomáš Drahoš as the manager to take them back to where they belong which is fighting for titles in the Premier League.

The Team
View attachment 475191

The Formation
View attachment 475190
As you can see the formation i will be playing is a 5-3-2. With playing this formation we are hoping we will be solid at the back but also have the quality up at the top end of the pitch to win us games.

===========================================
For a transfer budget i have been given a generous budget of £5,000,000 and also an extra £55,000 for wages so we will be looking to bolster the squad ahead of the new campaign.
My next update will include the end of July and whole month of August.

Last edited:
The Transfers
View attachment 475145
Overall I was quite happy with the business that i did in the transfer window but i have to say the signing i was most pleased about was Neal Maupay, hes only a youngster but he has bags of potential and i am convinced he is the man to take leeds to the next level.

The Results
View attachment 475144
1st Game of the season we welcomed Leeds to elland road and in the end it was a good performance and victory to go with it with new signing Neal Maupay and Noel Hunt getting on the scoresheet in a 2-0 win.

View attachment 475143
The second game of the season quickly came around and it was a trip to our Yorkshire rivals Huddersfield Town. In a very tightly contested game leeds came out 2-1 winners in what could prove to be a vital victory come end of the season. Noel hunt with both the goals in this game.

View attachment 475142
After a great start to the season we were looking to continue this with a home victory against Brighton, however this did not happen as what i have to say was a very poor performance Brighton came out 2-0 winners at Elland Road. After this defeat we will have mentally and see if we can bounce straight back from this.

The Table
View attachment 475139
A good start to the season from Leeds which sees us lying in 5th place after 3 games, now lets see if we can push on from this encouraging start.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 475127
After 3 goals in 3 games which has taken Leeds to 5th place in the table Noel Hunt takes the player of the month accolade for this month.
==============
Next Update will be the month of September.
Also if you guys have any questions or tips on how I could improve just tell me cheers.

Last edited:
September

The Results
View attachment 475045
So after the disappointment of that game against brighton we quickly had another home game and this time it was against QPR who we knew would be a real test and this could give us an indication of how the season would pan out. It turned out to be a well fought 1-1 draw. Good point.

View attachment 475040
Following on from the 1-1 draw with QPR we then faced a trip to Vicarage Road to face Watford and what happened i could believe. Yes that's right we won 5-0 away from home with a great clinical performance and a great team display.

View attachment 475037
And so the great away form continued with a great 2-0 away win at Leicester and what's even more admirable is that we did it with 9 men showing great team spirit as well as a great team performance.

View attachment 475036
Following those two great away wins we returned to Elland road and carried on the great form with Marco Sau bagging his first 2 goals for the club in another good performance.

View attachment 475035
Another game quickly followed with a home game to Bolton to be honest it was a poor game but with dramatic ending with Mohammed Fellah scoring in injury time to rescue a point for leeds.

The Table
View attachment 475034
Following another good month for Leeds we lie in 2nd place after 8 games and things are looking very bright for the future of Leeds United.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 475031
The player of the month for September goes to Mohammed Fellah for a string of fine performances. He has proven to be the link between the midfield and the strikers and has given us a real attacking edge.

===========
The next update will be the month of October.

October

The Results
View attachment 475025
What can only be described as a bad day at the office. Ipswich were just simply better than us in this game and took their chances when they came.

View attachment 475024
Well i must say i was disappointed with us only taking a point here as we had the better of the game and also missed a penalty.

View attachment 475023
Well what a shock this was we were all over Barnsley but as we pushed men forward we were caught out at the back.

View attachment 475022
What a great way to bounce back, not only a great result but also a great performance to go with it. Well done boys.

View attachment 475021
Without a doubt the best performance since i took charge, not only was it 5-0 but it could of been double figures looking at those stats.

The Table
View attachment 475020
At the end of October Leeds sit at the top of the table after an indifferent month but all is looking good at Elland Road.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 475019
After another month of outstanding displays Mohammed Fellah takes the player of the month award again.

==========
The next update will be the month of November

Can you post your tactic need to try this as im struggling with any tactic ive used on here with super leeds

November

The Results
View attachment 474943
To start the month we host Bournemouth and it turned out to be a comfortable 3-1 win with 3 different goalscorers getting on the scoresheet.

View attachment 474942
3 days later we host Doncaster and once again we put on a fine display in a 2-0 victory with Neal Maupay once again grabbing a goal.

View attachment 474940
Our fine away form then continued and we got a fine 2-0 victory away at middlesbrough, we did survive a missed penalty also in this game.

View attachment 474933
Following on from that victory we faced Notts Forest at home and thanks to a Neal Maupay brace we came away with a 2-1 victory.

View attachment 474939
In a match in which should be winning and a match that we should of by looking at the chances we missed, we did gain a valuable point in injury time with Noel Hunt grabbing the dramatic equaliser.

View attachment 474937
3 days after the dramatic draw at Yeovil we faced another away tie at Derby but this time we came away with a great 2-1 victory to carry on our great form.

View attachment 474936
In our final match of the month we faced an away tie at Wigan and came back with a great point but its a match in which we should of won.

The Table
View attachment 474935
In what was another great month for the club we top the table at the end of the month and things are looking very good for the club.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 474934
This month's player of the month goes to Neal Maupay who scored a fantastic 6 goals from 7 games this month.

=============
The next update will be the month of December

Last edited:
December

The Results
View attachment 474745
We started the month with a well fought 2-2 draw with Reading. We wanted 3 but a point is a point.

View attachment 474740
Following on from the draw with Reading we then gained another point at home to Millwall, also drawing the game 2-2.

View attachment 474737
As we had drawn the last 2 games we needed to bounce back with a victory and we did that in some style with the win at Sheffield Wednesday.

View attachment 474735
A very poor result and performance in a match where we just simply did not get started.

View attachment 474732
As we usually do we bounced back in style with a other victory it could of been more goals but we got the win that we needed.

View attachment 474731
In this match we actually played decent but brighton just proved to be too strong for us at their stamping ground.

The Table
View attachment 474717
So as our form and results have dipped over the last month, so has our league position with Leeds now sitting in 3rd position in the table.

Player Of The Month
View attachment 474716
Taking his 3rd player of the month award is Mohammed Fellah with another string of great performances.

=======
Next update will be of January and will include any transfers made.