Peter1986

Reaction score
Every year I play football manager I want a good legends database to play, however I usually come across a few, but end up creating my own, which sometimes can range from 50-200 players added.

After thinking about it, the main reasons I don't download others is because there are quite a few but they all have different issues (from my point of view) I'm not taking anything away from the makers because a lot of the time they achieve what they wanted and the database is done how they want.

My preference is I generally only want to use players from 90's onwards. (Maybe throw pele in their) but a lot of the time using a lot of players I have barely even seen a video of just doesn't do it for me. Secondly the databases that have current legends can be a bit disjointed. (Ie innacurate regarding plates heights and personal info)

I feel we can all come together (for fm2016) and create different legends databases by using the (combining databases)

First of all if somebody who is really interested in creating a large database of legends could first of all set up a template by adding all players and their personal info, and crating a 'legends team' (not making any other changes to clubs or entering it into any competitions) this would be great for everybody to use. Eg all the legends would be listed under one team on the database

I for example could then use this template and delete any players (or make them non players) who I don't want in my database, and add them to each club I wanted and make my changes to the players and clubs that I wanted.

For example I would create a legends database from 90's to the current day, so I could put the players to the correct clubs and change each club etc.

Also I would like create a database where the legends all started out as youngsters. So I would load up the template, change each players to have a low current ability, and be able to make sure I had changed each legend (by searching for them under the legends club) and putting them to the club they started at, so I would have created a current day database with legends as youngsters.

I would then have created two different databases, from one template, the template would not only save me time, but make sure all the personal details of each player are correct (and probably makeSure if didnt miss anyone out)

Now that's 2 that I would do, so if you imagine everyone who creates a legends database worked from this template, then the quality of each legends database would be much much better, just from us all using one template. There would also be plenty of different ones (eg my legends 90-current day) someone else may create one where they have legends from every era, people could even create certain periods from the templates. People could even create Classic teams easier and better, eg Man U from 99 as they have all the players templates there, and they would be able to delete all the others with ease as they are easy to find in be database.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? It works on other games.

Also if people agree then can we post this on as many forums as possible and try and come together and create even better custom databases

The dangerous thing with them legends databases is that the players are getting overpowered . Players like Zidane or Ronaldo should be +190 but the mistake that the makers are making is the fact that alot of them are +180 , thats not realistic

The dangerous thing with them legends databases is that the players are getting overpowered . Players like Zidane or Ronaldo should be +190 but the mistake that the makers are making is the fact that alot of them are +180 , thats not realistic

Yeah I agree with this. You see certain people are great at making databases and spending lot of time on them and creating 1,000 of players and the personal information is spot on. But their judgement can be different to others (as mentioned above) or the database they make can not be for everyone (eg full of people from before the 90's that a lot of people have never seen play) which not everyone wants.

then you could get someone come along and do a great database judgement wise with the corresct era you want, then you download it to find players are missing as they only make 20-50 legends.

the idea behind what I've posted is to use one master (template) database. Where as many legends are added as possible, and all the things that aren't down to judgement (name, size, hair colour, skin colour etc, are all there)

then each person who creates one has all the correct information available, and can delete who they don't want, and spend more time editing attributes and also allowing them to create bigger databases.

someone who does 50, could easily do 200 in the same time purely because they don't have to set each player up from scratch. this should improve the quality and variety of these databases. I myself would probably creste 2 which I would publish, one with legends at their peak and one with them as youngsters. Which i currently do every year but never publish as I don't create enough (due to not having time to create each players from scratch)

No, I would say it is very realistic because these are supposed to be the best players of their different eras. The problem is that putting all legends together in one time period devalues them relative to each other.

No, I would say it is very realistic because these are supposed to be the best players of their different eras. The problem is that putting all legends together in one time period devalues them relative to each other.
I agree with this too. But I also think the database currently is based on the current era, and a legends database you would compare everyone to all the eras.so for example I would say iniesta maybe a 19 dribbling in his peak (for his era), but in a legends database I would probably have him as an 18/17 as the 20 would be for players such as messi, Ronaldinho, maradona, and a 19 would be for people who would probably be 20 in their era, but aren't as good as the greatest.in don't think CA really matters like it used to, as long as the attributes are correct, as CA doesn't alter the attributes like it used to, as it is more the other way round